1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend told me he's gay...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by speedracing22, Dec 29, 2012.

1. speedracing22

Yesterday, my friend told me he's gay. He knows I am bisexual. He's known for about 6 months. When he found out he wasn't really homophobic about it, but he said he thought it was weird, and he specifically asked me if I had an "attraction" to him, and I told him no, and he said "good". He asked me a few questions and that was the end of it. We really never spoke much about it since. This is a guy who would be the LAST person I would ever suspect to be gay. He's always sleeping with girls. I was 100% sure he wasn't gay. I am really just in shock...

He also dropped another bombshell on me. He said he likes me. I had no clue what to say. He then asked me if I liked him. I told him the truth - that I don't...

I feel deceived. I feel weird. I feel even weirder now that he likes me. I really don't know why this is bothering me so much... I feel bad that I feel weird but I really can't wrap my head around this. If it were another friend I wouldn't feel weird about it, but this friend in particular makes it feel weird...

Has anyone ever had this happen before and felt the same way?

2. Throwawayy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that he was trying to hint to you that he liked you when he asked if you had an "attraction" to him. I think he was just covering for himself when he said "good."

Anyway, I think you should just continue to be a supportive friend if it's not too awkward for you and he will have to get over you... Which is odd because you're on the other side of the crush in this situation.

If you're still unsure about how this friend of yours could possibly be gay, I suggest just believing him. Maybe you should wait until the shock of the situation wears off on you (since it was so unexpected) and then make a rational decision. However, maybe sleeping with girls was his way of experimenting and he finally concluded that he was indeed gay. Good luck!

3. jvn95

>:0

Kinda jealous your friend likes you, I wish my friend I came out to liked me.

But anyways. Still be supportive to him. And I do think when he asked if you were attracted to him was scoping out if you would like him back.