1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this guy interested?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JRed, Dec 30, 2012.

1. JRed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So back story: I met this guy through a mutual friend about 3 years ago. This is the only time we've met face to face. I was a little interested in him at the time but was very much in the closet and in denial. In addition I have no idea if he is gay although I did have a suspicion. Since then we've been Facebook friends and follow each other on twitter, doing the typical things like say Happy Birthday, possibly liking each others pictures/ posts, what have you.

We're both seniors at the same college. So recently in the last month or two I posted something on twitter about graduation, he then private messaged me asking about plans and whatnot (we both like the same city) I then gave him my number as it is easier to talk that way and not be restricted with the 140 character limit. So since then we have spoken sporadically via text. Mostly talking about school and graduating.

In the last couple days, however, we've talked more and about other things besides school, (our apartments, what drinks we like, plans for New Years and spring break, etc.) last night we texted for about three hours straight.

So what should I think about this? I'm still in the closet but plan to come out in the next couple months (which has been a long process in and of itself) and am thinking about maybe putting myself out there. So would a straight guy message someone for that long? Does that mean he is interested? I'm so naive when it comes to these kinds of things. How do I casually find out if he is gay or not?

Thanks for your input everyone!

2. SomeNights

Could be....sounds like the start to a good friendship at lest. I think you should ask. the most he can say is no or just ask him if he's dated anyone.

3. ForceAndVerve

Texting a lot means nothing unfortunately.

If you want to subtly try and find out his sexuality, you could try asking people that know him. Or just bring up the topic of relationships past & present in your texting converstations.

4. JRed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A friend of mine did work with a friend of his and she did say that he was gay. I don't know though.. I just hate to believe information that went through so many people. I'm just not sure how to approach it naturally in conversation I guess.