1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Momma

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jvn95, Dec 30, 2012.

1. jvn95

Hello guys. I really am sorry I am posting about this after posting another earlier so quickly.

Well. Lately I have been feeling like telling mom I am gay. I think she suspects at least a little and I'm really sure she would support me. I have no clue about my dad though...

She always says things like "Oh I love my gays." and "I had so many gay friends growing up I loved them!"

Which I can't tell if she hinting at me she's okay or she is just talking about her gay friends. (which my dad made her after they got married to quit talking to)

But then again she talks about me getting married and having a wife and giving her babies.

Should I tell her? Or should I wait until after high school? I plan telling alot more people in my current last year of high school. I've already told 8 people in 6 months. My brother (who goes to the same school as me) is bound to hear something later.

Thoughts? :slight_smile:

2. Equalist

Equalist Guest

It certainly sounds like she would be accepting of you.

For me personally, as long as I must rely on my parents, which will most likely be all the way through my undergraduate studies, they will not know about my sexuality. While I'm sure they would be accepting of me, it is just not worth the risk for me. I have a likely plan for my next 12 years, and I will not risk anything happening to that plan. I'm not really dying to come out though either. I'm pretty content with my life right now and plan to act accordingly in the next few years.

You do what works for you. Like I said, she sounds accepting, so as long as you have no doubts about anything happening, I would assume it can't be too bad. Just make sure you are ready whenever you do.