1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Stress/Hope/ Learn from my mistakes

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Klutz, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Klutz

I got my final grades and am 2.5 points from graduating (not of a 4. scale, but a 70 to 72.5). Major depression. I e-mailed my professors and told them that I will never bother them ever again if I could just somehow fix this. One e-mailed back and gave me an option to try, but he's not sure how to go about changing the grade. I haven't heard back from the other. I just need one of the two for the grade boost. So, I asked and received a hand. I may be able to fix it. I have a lot of trouble asking for help especially when I know that I screwed up. That I didn't fully apply myself and was content with skating through. But, I figured that my pride could deal with that better than the "run away and live on the streets and never be a contributing member of society" litany that was running through my head.

My sister also called. I came out to her a couple weeks ago and we only saw each other at a family thing, so didn't get a chance to talk privately. She just wanted to see how I'm doing and to say that she hasn't forgotten and isn't pretending I didn't tell her (unless I want her to). She called just to give me some support. 'Just' is a funny word here because it is often used to belittle something, but her 'just' meant so much.

I know this is kinda rambling, but I needed to write it down and tell someone about it.

2. ohhsnapple

ohhsnapple Guest

Don't worry, everyone makes mistakes. What's important is that we learn and grow from them, and try to fix any damage caused. It looks like you will get a second chance to make everything right, so you need to not be afraid and put your heart into making things right. Your teachers deserves your effort to match the effort they put into their job. Just get your head back in the game! they will appreciate your hard work to fix your mistake, and you may even want to explain to them, not in graphic detail, that you've been struggling with very personal issues this year and it has been hard for you to handle everything, but now you want to make everything right again and move on.

Go ahead and ramble away! You'll find many willing ears here.

3. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^This ^_^. I'd like to add that I'm guessing you're probably feeling shame right now, like the person thinks you're stupid or a burden or something. If so, you sound a lot like a friend I have. Very talented (more than myself), yet easily upset by failure.

I'd like to emphasize what I told my friend one time, based upon my perspective of the the torment he put himself through; people do not look down on you when you fail, but try again. The professor won't think you're stupid because you needed to give it another try. A wise person knows that you will often fail in life, what defines a person is whether they give up, or try again. The professor probably understands your situation, and is giving you another chance. Show him that you were worth that chance, and do the very best you can with it. Do amazing, and you'll earn his respect. That's all there is to it. Good people don't permanently judge someone because of one mistake.