1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slightly Nervous

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MixedNutz, Dec 30, 2012.

1. MixedNutz

Well my lease is up jan 31.

I've been living with my bf since end of September and subletting my apt to a friend. We have been together long enough for me to have no doubts about our relationship...

But now I'm selling a lot of my furniture because its not needed and frankly he has nicer stuff. Idk posting the Craigslist ad made me a little nervous. I'm selling my safety net. It's a little nerve racking...

Is this normal?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally. I said moving in with my partner was like being sucked out of a spaceship into the void. I sort of felt like I was holding tight to things to keep from having nothing to hold on to. But it was liberating when that stuff finally was gone. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. MixedNutz

Thanks. Yea I can understand that, it's not like Im totally scared, it's like an excited/new/anxious type of nervous also.

4. Kay

Kay Guest

I never had the experience of moving in with someone. They always moved in with me. The experience was a nervous one as someone was invading my space. Would they leave dirty dishes on the counter? Would they not make the bed? How much of my stuff would they move? I would get these wild thoughts running through my head until I got sick. They moved in and it was good until it was not. My current partner and I moved to a larger place but together after five years together. We moved because of her job. It was fine because we were in the same boat and we found out it floated nicely and all was well.

5. MixedNutz

That I think would be e perfect situation, moving into a mutually new place. However that doesn't make since because his place is big and its a great price. But he's been there a long time so it's a little unnerving for me. The good thing is I'm moving my bedroom into the empty room as a guest room. I guess it's just a new nervous I have. Like when I moved from my parents into my own place.