1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally Settling On A Name?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LightningRider, Dec 30, 2012.

1. LightningRider

So to all those here who decided to change their name for whatever reason, I have one question:
    How did you finally settle on your name?

I ask because I've been tossing ideas for so long and I think I might have finally found the name I'm going to settle on but I'm still not sure cause two weeks ago I could have said the same thing.
    And I'd like to be able to decide on a name before my birthday in January so I can start spreading the word that I no longer want to be referred to as my birth name.

2. ProfessorPunk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I haven't legally changed my name yet but decided on one this year. I think the best thing to do is write down a list of your favourite ones or any that suddenly come to you. Write your surname next to them to see how they go with it. Perhaps look at yourself in the mirror and go through them, see which one 'suits' you. Some people modify their existing name to make it masculine, but there's nothing wrong with choosing a completley new one. Hope this helps

3. LightningRider

But like, what made you go "Yep! That's my name."?

4. ProfessorPunk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Writing down a list of names and seeing which one stood out as my favourite. It took some thinking because there was 2 that I liked, but in the end you get drawn to one that fits just right for you. It just takes a little time.