1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First thread that isn't about my crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lazyfire, Dec 30, 2012.

1. lazyfire

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My friend and I were discussing on helpful tips on what I should do after asking him to a hangout. It spiraled out of control. Unfortunately, I felt defeated and completely helpless. It was like another nightmare, similar to being naked in the hallways of a dreamed school. She pointed out all my weakness and told me to be careful. I'd never felt so verbally offended but I could perfectly sense how she felt. Her frustration, her anger and in some form or another, it seemed as though she was telling me to give up all together. I admit, I acted rashly and dreamy. I treated my life as if it were another boys love story and changed mood every time something may or may not have been a sign.

The reason I'm posting here is not for advice on my crush but for advice on whether or not this friend of mine was really worried about me, venting or maybe even jealous. Not sure.

She told me I was to: "Easily mislead", "To be careful", "That there is no way your crush is in any way interested", "He could just want to be close friends", "You exaggerate too much to make scenarios bias which leads to wrong guidance from friends or any form of contact", "He is for certain a straight guy".

This is some way tied to my crush, but I really want tips on how I want to make her less worried or even stop this misunderstanding all together. I know I exaggerate to make everything seem lovey-dovey but there is no additional content to my stories when I explain them in short scenarios. I shorten them online to get to the point. If I speak it, I may tend to add words.

She could just be worried, judging from this: "Just be careful".
    But she could have also been crushing the hopes of being in a relationship with this guy: "He is certainly straight and could just want a gay friend".

I've been on this crush for 3 years and everyone makes their life seem better than what is expected.

Confused. Frustrated. Stressed.
    I've stopped my leadership work for my club, stopped practicing my viola and just put off all kind of studying or SAT work.

HELP. PLEASE. :bang: