1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Feeling Cutty...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by worriedWardrobe, Dec 31, 2012.

1. worriedWardrobe

I have had issues with depression since I was twelve. The symptoms come and go, but lately they've been lingering much longer, and coming back much sooner. I've been cutting myself for five months. I quit a week ago, when I finally came to the conclusion that I like guys.

Now, eight days later, I'm feeling the unbearable need to cut, again, and can't help but be mad at myself. I'm having trouble accepting myself. Some days, I am incredibly proud of who I am, and other days, I feel like a freak of nature.

The cutting got pretty bad, before, and I don't want to go back to it, but I don't know what else to do. I feel like a have a hole in my chest, and I can't get rid of the feeling.

Cutting isn't my favorite option for dealing with problems, but it's the only one I can think of.
    :help:

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Hey *hugs* :slight_smile: I know exactly how you feel. When i realized i liked girls i cut to deal with the emotional pain dwelling inside. I thought my parents would abandon me, my life would be ruined and i had nothing to live for. But i got through it. And so will you. I havent cut for about 5 months now and i dont ever plan on going back there again. Once you deal with your emotions and find people who will acceot you for who you are, the cutting will decline. Support and acceptance are the most important things.

3. JillandJill

This. I used to cut, stopped about four months ago. It might be the hardest thing you can think of, but you will not regret not cutting. If you can just figure out why you are so upset and have the courage to change it or deal with it, things will get better. PM me if you want, I'd be glad to help, it is just very worth it to say I am no longer a cutter :slight_smile:

4. Delta

I was really into cutting for a really long time, not so very long ago. And now and then, for one night, I'll have a relapse. And it helps for a few seconds, but never for long.

It's okay. No matter what, you're okay. If you have a relapse, that's sad, but it doesn't mean you're back at square one. It just means you went x many days without doing it. And you just have to keep pushing that out, each time. And make it longer between each time. Because every day that isn't the "next time" was a good day. And there doesn't have to be a next time.

Don't do it tonight. Just for tonight, okay? Just for the next 24 hours, don't. Write on yourself with marker and wash it off, snap rubber bands on your wrist. Do anything you need to that isn't cutting. Just tonight. Remember that the more 'tonight's you resist, the more days you get to count. And the more days you have, the easier it gets. Even if it's just one more day. :slight_smile:

I believe in you. And I love you.