1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't bring myself to do it.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zach12345, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Zach12345

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've only told three people that I'm gay, only one did I plan on and I can't bring my self to tell mom let alone my father, who is what I can infer is pretty homophobic and wouldn't talk to me for over a month if I were to tell him. I tried telling my mom while driving home from my grandparents house, I knew I could it felt like the time was right she should know but u had the worst feeling ever in my stomach to the point where I almost passed out from being so nervous. Even to tell another one of my close friends is almost unforeseeable, but it needs to be done I know how much it will benefit me from the support and freedom from secrecy from being in the closet but it scares me. I'm ready to though I think it feels right but I'm so afraid of what the people who don't support will say. And that's a dumb thought I never care about what people think of me, but this is that one thing that for some reason I care what people think when I shouldn't. Ughh I just don't wanna do this its such a daunting task but it has to get done so I can live my life freely. Anyways that I guess sums up my thoughts any feedback is nice as the three people that know I'm gay aren't the supporting type they just kinda accepted in gat and that's that and they like to poke fun at me for it but I like that so ya I'm gonna stop typing. :smilewave

2. Deaf Not Blind

dont force it.
    when time is right do it.
    maybe get a few more friends 1st, more practice easier it gets.

3. Family member are often the hardest ones to come out to. Not that I'm out yet, but there are a LOT of posts on this site where people say that they told their parents last, or that everybody but their parents know.