1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gray Asexual/other thoughts

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JillandJill, Dec 31, 2012.

1. JillandJill

I just heard the term "gray-asexual" for the first time and totally identified with it. It explains why I've had such difficulty deciding if I am gay or not, that would tend to happen if it was only sparsely that I experienced any sort of sexual attraction. It feels good to know I no longer have to force myself to feel sexual because I knew I wasn't empty on libido. For those of you confused, I apologize, gray asexual means you rarely feel sexual attraction but you have experienced it. I would not seek out sex, never have, never will it is not important to me like it is to others. So I guess it is okay for me to say that I am gay and I can truly mean it! Just because I don't constantly want to jump a woman's bones, it is always a woman as opposed to a man so now I know. Maybe I finally know who I am. Am I wrong for still not wanting to come out because maybe I could use some practice on guys? I want to be able to be sexual with a woman because I want to please her so it would be much easier if I knew how to kiss someone on the regular, be intimate like that, I never have had to before.

2. curlycats

hello. :slight_smile: i know how happy i was when i discovered the terms "gray-asexuality" and "demisexuality", so i can imagine how you must feel.

about your thoughts about practicing on guys... to be honest, i'm not sure how well that will work out for you. i mean, if you only experience sexual attraction with certain people/in certain situations/with people who you are otherwise close to, any practice that you do with random guys will just be.... empty, as far as your side of it goes. it won't be anything like the real thing that you'll experience with someone that you actually love and you'd just be putting yourself into uncomfortable situations. i would wait until you actually feel an attraction to someone. if that someone feels the same way you do, they won't care how much or how little experience you have. they'll be willing to work with you on things like that and will more than likely feel honored that they are one of the few people who have had the honor of being so intimate with you.

just my opinion, though. :slight_smile:

btw, i made a topic about Aces, Gray-As and Demis a couple of days ago: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/78916-hey-aces-gray-demis-relationships-sexuals.html sadly no one replied, but there are some links there that may interest you. :slight_smile:

3. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I too know how it feels to find that term. :grin:
    It is not said enough, and we have to go too long not understanding why we're inbetween.

4. JillandJill

It really is relieving, and curlycats I think you are right about the whole practicing thing... I have kinda been trying it recently and it is just not fun haha. As for the relationships with sexuals I wouldn't know, I never have had one! Helpful links though, thanks :slight_smile: