1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme Frustration!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whereisthelove, Dec 31, 2012.

1. This is a bit of an awkward topic for me but I have gotten so annoyed I just feel like I need to talk about it and seek some support.

To put it plainly, I'm circumcised and not happy about it, and certainly know I'm not the only one. For a while now I have just been building up this great amount of frustration with my parent's decision. It's a subject that was brought up with my dad and his basic reasoning was, "hey, your grandfather had it done, I had it done, and you had it done." It pretty much proved to me that it was something done not for any particular reason, just done.

I've been seeing online how having your foreskin is apparently so much better with increased sensitivity and all. It also seems like uncircumcised men maintain greater "thickness" and have better sexual performance. I guess you even lose sensitivity over time if you're circumcised! The combination of this all just really pisses me off. :tantrum:

I guess I am just looking for some support on this issue. Is anyone else in the same situation? It's obviously something I am going to have to deal with unless I attempt to regrow my foreskin, which I don't want to do right now since I hear it is a long process and I don't think the results would be very natural looking or very effective at restoring sensitivity. Is there someone out there who can sympathize and ease some of my frustration!? I feel like an outsider, even though I guess a lot of people have the procedure done.

Sorry if this is a bit of an offensive post.

2. Kay

Kay Guest

I would be upset if my body were altered without my consent.
    Putting the issue in perspective there is nothing to be done about the situation and I would suggest letting it go. There is no point carrying bitterness forward if the problem cannot be set right. Hugs and as best I can I do sympathize with you.

3. ZeSparrow

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Historically it's meant to help prevent sexually transmitted diseases (mainly HIV.) And prevent other urinary infections as well. Overall, it's proven to be more healthier (safer).

But as a Libertarian I always stretch individual freedom and choice. However, there is no proven cases that circumcision does make the penis more or less sensitive. Or that sexual satisfactions is more desirable. Logically, how can you compare the two unless you experience sex with and without it? A process I'm sure most people don't go through.

4. Gen

Gen

Although I am fine with it myself, I suppose I could see how it would be upsetting to someone that really wanted to be uncircumcised. But I find it a tad unrealistic to believe that the vast majority adult consenting men would choice to become circumcised regardless of whether it would be healthier or not. The psychological relationship of "having a choice" isnt as realistic.

Despite that, the nerve endings in the penis are organized in very strategic places. Circumcism does not cause any loss pleasure, length, or girth as the skin removed is simply used to cover the head of the penis.

Honestly, I would just let it go, its not worth the stress. Logically, you havent really lost anything physically