1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing someone else?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ariel12g, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ariel12g

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So there's this guy I met online and we're dating. We've been together for about 2 weeks now. I know you'll probably think I'm a creep for this but, I went on his Facebook and while snooping around (I know it's bad, I'm sorry) I found where on one of his friends it said "In a Relationship with [person]". Well I thought that was weird. I go on a few days later and notice that the guys banner is a collage of pictures of my boyfriend. And there are a few short comments of them talking. Also, it now seems he changed from "In a Relationship" to "Single".

I know I can easily misinterpret things and he could have easily been a close friend. But I just want to get someone's input on this.

2. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Any chance the guy you're seeing used to date this other guy, and "other guy" was a bit slow in accepting the breakup (or slow at updating his FB)?

3. ariel12g

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well while we were dating they were still commenting on the other guys wall. One of them said "On the phone with [name] Like usual :grin:". But then again why would he set his banner to pictures of him while we were going out? I'm confused :/

4. Ben

Ben

It is a bit shady. It's possible that the relationship was over already, but they were waiting a while to announce it to everyone. It's also possible that he was seeing you both at the same time. It's also possible that they're in an open relationship. The best way to find out is to ask him about it directly, or indirectly ask about past relationships next time you see him. If he does lie to you, then that's a problem that you might want to tackle.