1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

those vegetables...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tr0la, Dec 31, 2012.

1. tr0la

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    it's been a while since my crush's been telling me he likes 'lettuce' and I've been telling him I like 'broccoli'. yes, both definitely referring to crushes. and no, no one else knows that either of us (supposedly?) has a crush on anyone

couple of days ago we had a conversation where he told me he was going to travel and that he wanted to go out... I said 'sure' and he mentioned he didn't call anyone else and I said he didn't have to. I was like '(!)'.

then he told me he wanted to go out with "you guys" which implies all of our close friends. D: he told me he would call 'broccoli' and told me to call 'lettuce' too. I said 'lettuce' was definitely going and he told me 'I KNEW IT! I'M LETTUCE! I've always known, just wasn't sure"

I got scared because the same thing had happened before. He was being overly cute (a lot lot lot of touching and eye contact and these sorts of things) to me and then all of a sudden he told me he thought I was gay and kept asking who my crush was (implying it was a boy) on a very scary tone so I really just backed off for a while. now he was being cute again (even more touching, eye contact, drawing hearts all over, etc etc). keep in mind he's very jokey with most people, though, but in this way I'm the only one I guess.

but instead of being scary he just told me "don't worry I love you too" in a very joky tone and wasn't any mean to me afterwards but still as cute. but we didn't go out, or anyone, even though I asked him if he still wanted to go out. now he's travelling.

anyway, does this all necessarily means that he wants to figure me out, either for good or bad just to out me?

#1 tr0la, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. shovelman

Sounds like he's putting the pieces together, have you thought of coming out to him? you know without telling him that you have a crush on him.

3. tr0la

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so we've been talking metaphorically... does it mean anything?

me - I think I'm back to stage zero
    him - what? haha
    me - it's an issue for me if you stop and think
    him - well I don't think it's zero. It's more sort of a 9 out of 10, with a very tough boss
    me - really?
    him - yeah. broccoli?

baaaaaah

---

shovelman - yes. once he kept asking me if I was gay and I didn't deny at all and then he suddenly flipped out and became very angry, told me to get away from him and stuff until I told him - very awkwardly - that I wasn't gay. (it was obvious for him that I was lying lol)
    days later he was still flirting with me

#3 tr0la, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013