1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What now?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by berrywrong, Jan 1, 2013.

1. berrywrong

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey i'm Barett and it was just recently that i joined empty closets.

I have only been out to my best friend and no one else. Let's just say that ive tried really hard to interact with others on gay sites and etc. But somehow nobody seems to
    respond to discreets whatsoever. I'd very much like to have someone to relate to in my life, as i have so much to ask.

Coming out to everyone else just seems very hard. In my situation, i have been suspected for being gay as i chose to study fashion design and somehow my parents warned me that i had better not be gay. It just feels so unfair as i did not simply chose to be gay.
    The only thing keeping me from being labelled as gay was because of my best friend (which was my ex girlfriend). What should i do? I'd very much like to come out and be accepted by everyone i deeply care for... It's just that, i feel as if nobody would support my movement...

Any suggestions?

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have advice, but it's not very original! I think you should just live your life, and if your parents find out you're gay and don't like it, then it's too bad for them. You deserve happiness, and don't forget that!

3. Krissy

Your parents have no right to dictate your sexual orientation.

I suggest that as soon as you are financially independent, you tell them. You don't have to cut ties with them, but once they have no hold over you they can't hurt you anymore. Well, they can, but that's controlled by how much you still love them.

It is possible to have a quiet relationship that parents don't find out about. The point is, having another guy over for a "sleepover" or "hanging out" doesn't seem very suspicious because you're both guys. That can be taken advantage of.

Kudos! Careful in what you do. Your parents will see eventually.