1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do i have a problem?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Feb 26, 2008.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

I don't know, my friend said I was really skinny and not like Paris Hilton skinny(Which looks good), but skinny skinny. I don't really see myself as skinny at all I can like grab bits of my stomach and if i slap my thights they wobble

and yeah, kinda weird i know =\

:icon_redf :icon_redf

2. mcrteenagers

Well....how tall are you / how much do you weigh.

I'm skinny too. Skinny skinny. It's not a problem. Everybody tells me to eat more, well jeeez, I eat more than anyone else lol.

It's just the way some people are.

3. TyraBanksIsFierce

5"11 and i weigh like 56kilos which is I dunno how many pounds

4. mcrteenagers

Around 115 pounds.

Which is not all that bad. It's under the suggested BMI Index (but thats all a bunch of rubbish anyways).

I'm 6' and around 120 - 125 so, don't feel like you're the only one lol

5. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think you're worrying about nothing. Lots of teenagers are "skinny." At your age you're still growing so there is plenty of time to put on weight.

So long as you're healthy, feeling well and not off your food, I don't think there's a problem.

Hope this helps.

6. Louise

You are a bit on the slim side for your height but if you are eating properly and regularly I wouldn't worry. Teenagers often go through a skinny phase as their bodies grow faster than they put on weight, or it might simply be your morphology.

If this is the case you will be the envy of most women around you as we battle against the bulge!:kiss:

7. kramer362

i've always been real slim but at your age it's normal since you're growing pretty rapid. i was a lot thinner looking at 15 than i am at 21.

focus on eating healthy and once you stop growing you will most likely fill out. some of us are just naturally skinny, you'll appreciate it when you're older and other people are more likely to gain that 'freshman 15' at college, etc

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Louise and the others. As long as you;re eating OK and feel OK then don't worry. You are still growing and probably haven't filled out yet. See where you are in a couple of years.

9. Ty

Ty Guest

Hmm I wish i were skinner =/ alas, I guess I can't really modify anything.

10. Vampyrecat

One of my friends, who we shall call "Monkey" for that is his nickname at school is 5'8 and weighs 40 Kgs or something ridiculous like that. And he eats a TONNE of stuff.
    Personally, I am 5'4 and barely 50 kgs myself, and I eat Tonnes of stuff as well. I'm guessing you probably just have a fast metabolism, and you've probably just had a growth spurt. This makes guys look really tall and skinny skinny for a while (well most of the ones I know anyway.).
    Don't worry, its perfectly okay to be Skinny Skinny and to eat a lot. However, if you start losing weight fast and are still eating lots, I'd reccommend a trip to the doctor in case there's an underlying cause.
    Hope this helps.
    Tess.

11. TyraBanksIsFierce

i dont know if I eat enough either,

Yesterday I had half a bowl of cereal, a muesli bar, piece of chicken and half a potatoe for the whole day

I really want to be thinner than my friend who weighs 55k (grrr)

Its kinda stupid I know, but yeah =/

12. Louise

:eusa_naug :eusa_naug :eusa_naug No you are definately NOT eating enough! Your body is still growing and NEEDS the right amount of nutrients/calorie intake.

As for being skinnier than your friend, how tall is she? How much muscle to fat ratio does she have? You can only compare what is comparable. She may have a faster metabolism than you.

By eating so little, if that is your average food income in a day, you are potentially damaging your health. You are not giving your body the nutrients it needs to grow (fill out with muscle) and remain healthy. Even if you feel fine at the moment the long term damage to your body could be very real.

If you are worried and want to talk to me about healthy eating, weight, etc. feel free to PM me. :kiss:

13. Hugh

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That really is a feeble effort!! You have to eat more than that - if necessary take professional advice on a sensible diet for your age and height and combine it with an exercise regime which doesn't over-stretch your resources. Do you have any eating disorders or anxieties which prevent you from eating properly? If you do suffer from anxiety, a poor diet will not provide the necssary mental energy to think positively!

14. CrimsonThunder

You sound pretty anorexic and your attitude reflects that, you need to eat 5 veggies and 2 fruits a day for a starters and then meat at least 5 times a week.

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Louise and the others. Your ongoing health is more important than some weight/thinness contest with a friend who is also starving herself.