1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I rarely see him...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by standtall00, Jan 1, 2013.

1. standtall00

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've always wanted advice on this, but never got around to it. Well, my boyfriend is home schooled and I only get to see him 1-2 times a month because his parents don't want him having a boyfriend so we can't hang out that much without them being suspicious. Every time after our dates, I get really lonely until I see him psychically again. Of course we text, but I need him there with me.

We love each other dearly, but I'll usually break down and cry because I can't be with him psychically often. I just need to know what to do...if there's anything that can be done.

2. Throwawayy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lying to your parents and his parents and sneaking around wouldn't be my best advice, but it's an option if you're gravely desperate (but i wouldn't if you don't want problems).

However, maybe you could video chat over some social medium online?

3. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In any relationship where you only get a limited amount of time together you are going to experience a fair share of loneliness and hurt when you can't be together. It's not nice but it is the reality and sometimes there is nothing that can be done. I guess you have to decide if it is something that you're willing to try and deal with. It's not for everyone and it's okay if you realise that you need more from a relationship.
    Nevertheless, the main thing I would recommend is to try and keep yourself as busy as possible. Enjoy hobbies, see your friends, work hard for school. The more you focus on making yourself happy (and independent) outside of the relationship, the stronger you will be during times apart; and the quicker the time will go by. Do you guys use skype, or another form of messenger where you can see and hear the person as you speak? I know it's not the same as being with each other in person but if you are in a relationship where physical contact is limited then it can really, really help.