1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dad...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lexi, Jan 1, 2013.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

I joined this site because I was questioning my sexuality and needed someone to talk to. I can't really talk to my friends. I talked to my mom and sister, but that's it.

Well long story short my dad was checking the history on the iPad that I share with my brother. I'm 99% sure he saw that I'd been on this site.

He hasn't said anything and it's been 24 hours... I'm not sure if he saw the "safe community for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgender people" part or not.

Should I confront him? Should I ask my mom (he probably talked to her)? Should I just leave it alone?

I'm completely lost.

2. TKM

TKM

I'm almost always worried about my mom finding out on my search history,and there have been a couple of close calls, my advice is just leave it alone, if it is really bothering you maybe ask your mom about it.

3. Equalist

Equalist Guest

Personally, I think you should let him come to you if he wishes to. He may have seen it, and he may care and want to talk to you, or he may not care at all. Or, he may not have seen it at all, in which case approaching him about it may be a bit awkward.

The reason I think you should let him come to you is that you have done nothing wrong. You should not feel obligated to say anything about it if you don't want to. If you truly feel that you should approach him, then you can do whatever you wish. I guess asking your mom about it wouldn't hurt either; there is always a chance that he went to her about it if he did see it. Just act however you feel appropriate. This is a harmless situation.

4. shaadhdhah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally agree with Equalist; you haven't done anything wrong by being on this site, and if your dad thinks it's an issue he should be the one trying to talk to you about it. You should make a decision at some point about how much you want to share with your dad about this part of your life, but you shouldn't feel like the fact that he might have seen your browser history means that you have to make that decision right now.

5. shadowregent

Out Status:
    A few people
    How I've dealt with the close calls like that is that I just let it be. If they found out, they found out. There's nothing you can do about it, it's out of your hands, it's done, all you can do now is go on like normal, not much else to do, right?

6. lexi

lexi Guest

Thanks for the advice everyone! I think i'll just let it be. everything seems to be normal, he seems more worried about my brother's history than mine :slight_smile: