1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My boyfriend-

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by core34510, Jan 1, 2013.

1. core34510

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have an amazing boyfriend. He's loving and caring and sweet. He tells me that he loves me every time we see each other.

At first, I liked him. Over time, I've grown less and less attracted to him. Certainly I should be thankful for him but I just don't love him. I feel that if I were to break up with him, he would go into some sort of spiraling depression.

Any advice? I care for him and want him to be happy but I don't want to be in a relationship with him.

2. Tiny Catastrophe

I think it would be better for him if you ended it as soon as you can if you're sure you don't want to be with him. It will hurt him worse the longer you string him along and that's not fair to do that to him.

3. shovelman

I don't want to overstep but could you tell us the reason why you don't like him a much now as before? maybe that will give us clue as to what advice to give.

4. toaster

I know this will hurt him but he deserves the truth, you don't love him. It's better for you to release him to find someone who can return his love.

5. Retrospect

I'm with toaster. Just let him know that you're there for him, if he needs it. He may want to stay friends, or he may need distance for a period of time.