1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

just a tomboy ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Josclare, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Josclare

Josclare Guest

So I was a tomboy pretty much until early teens when my mother thought i should be more girly and started buying me dresses and insisted i grow by hair out. I lived like this and gave in to peer pressure to be slightly girly although i still refused to go anywear near pink , frills , flowers, highheals , handbags etc, my mum died when i was 19 (21 now) and i went through and sort of transition of i dont have to pretend to be someone im not anymore but who the hell am i ? and then i went to uni and i could be who ever i wanted to be trouble is i dont really know ,i settled with being a lesbian tomboy who VERY ocassionaly woke up and felt like wearing dress. Im starting to feel like those days where i did make girly statement was just peer pressure because now my sister has moved away and im out the closed those days have disapeered. Everyone just refered to me as tomboy but recently ive been in girls departments and i realised i hate everything in there i wear mens clothes , underwear , deoderant and no make up to which i get the ocassionaly comments like "you know your a girl right" "wearing mens tshirts is one thing but boxers isnt that kind of odd" this has kind of got to me as i feel like a girl in the sense that i dont want male sexual organs and i act like a girl (apart from clothes and posture) and i feel like a girl just one that doesnt fit in anywhere , so i am not trans i am just a extreme tomboy but i dont know how to explain to this to people i feel like if i said i was trans they would except my choices not to wear girly stuff as they would think of me as a boy but at the moment they are thinking like you are a girl you should like girly things and i dont know how to explain this to them.