1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You Get Through a Block

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MidnightOwl, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MidnightOwl

My dad is like this= :bang:

He's not exactly homophobic, he accepts people as they are. Though I have tried in the past to explain to him that I was a Pansexual. It was a kind of awkward coming out because it wasn't like half coming out and half explaining Pansexualism. With the only response I got was "Gotcha".

The issue really is his constant forcing me. He keeps telling me things like "that is how you may feel, but that isn't how people feel, people aren't going to see you this way" He's so logical it's like talking to a brick wall. Because he never fully supports me. He only half supports as he accepts and respects it, but won't support me in my endeavors.

His support has always been important to me. As he has sacrificed so much for in my life and had shielded me from my bio mom. Whom was abusive and hurtful, emotionally and physically. He has provided a lot. And I always feel guilty when doing things against his expectations. And even further the person he is dating with also would not accept it. I never came out to his partner. But I know they would say something about how I'm a woman and it's time to stop denying that blah blah.

How do you fight a block? And the influence of a partner.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tell him that while adversity can sometimes be avoided (such as by staying closeted), it is occasionally best to face it head-on. If we never do anything difficult (like being open about your true sexuality), how do we improve?

3. MidnightOwl

With my dad it's like playing a game of logical chess and he always wins and always wants to win and always plays to win.

4. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given my personality, those type of people irritate me and there would be no way I could live under the same roof. I'd say stop trying for now, if he really cares about you, I'm sure he'll come around sooner or later. Sometimes, you have to let go of certain things and when you least expect, things will work out in your favor. I can't promise you that he will come to his senses tomorrow, but things will get better as long as you stand your ground. Try buying him a book about being pansexual or printing out some info online for him to read. It's going to take some time for him to come to terms with everything.

Just like with me liking women, I'm very open about my sexuality to my family. And we discuss any and everything, which is great. It hasn't been easy being so open to my family, but people change and they're more comfortable now. It's finally 2013, it's about time we all be more open minded, but I know some people are just stuck in their ways. Just be adamant, courageous and never back down. You're awesome to me and I don't even know you, but you seem like such a good person :slight_smile:

#4 pinklov3ly, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  5. MidnightOwl

Thanks Pink. I'm so not use to all the compliments. ahahaa. I like EC cause never have I gotten a plethora of people telling me that I have a good personality and things like that.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course, anytime! I'm always on, I have terrible insomnia :***:

7. MidnightOwl

I don't have insomnia, just simply childsomnia. Children hate to sleep ebcause they are afraid they are going to miss something through the night. So I don't sleep until I absolutely have to.
    Saw a raccoon fight worth it.