1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pentacostal baptism? What is it kinda?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KnightAssassin, Jan 1, 2013.

1. KnightAssassin

Ok so i was raised 3 religons so i ,ave up on religon young but i have been looking at chritianity , narely pentacostal . my boyfriend was raised and is pentacostal and we joked about me being baptized . i kinda have wanted to accept a specific religon but i don't know enough of the scarce details like i know it washes away sins as you are reborn and the basic information but i am kind of wanting to learn more but i dont understand some things for some reason .... can i get a blunt basic hidd n facts on baptisms basically

2. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was raised in a Baptist church and basically the belief is this.

It is the symbolic ritual of being reborn (born again) into the life of Christ. That your sins are being washed away because Christ died for your sins.

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2013 at 09:49 PM ----------

Here is a more complete explanation

Baptism

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alright.. so here I'm terrible at explaining things, but I'll give this a shot.

The water baptism is symbolic of the person being dead to the world's sins and starting to live a new life with Christ. Basically you become a member of the body of Christ (which is the congregation and other believers).

Other than that, different Churches have different beliefs. Some say that you have to have a water baptism before the Holy Spirit dwells in you. Others say that the Holy Spirit is withen you, the water baptism allows the Holy Spirit to fill you completely.

So beyond this, you would have to talk to the leader of the Church that you are hoping to join.

I hope this helps you out some!