1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Such grief over next steps

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by PeteNJ, Jan 1, 2013.

1. PeteNJ

In the past month I've become so clear-that I'm gay. (could be bi). I've read, looked at my life, and looked deeply at what I want, need, and what turns me on.

As liberating as that is, I've been with a wonderful woman for the past 3+ years. She loves me so deeply, wants to marry, and talks about all the things we'll do the rest of our lives.

And I too, love her so deeply. And very honestly. I entered into a relationship with her assuming and thinking I was hetero. We have a deep intimacy, and for the most part, a good sex life, though that's getting more difficult for me . And there is so much more to our relationship. - our families are close, my kids love her, we've shared some tough family sadnesses, and happinesses, too

Tonight after I left her place to come back home, I was just sobbing in the car. I don't, I just don't want to give up being so loved, so accepted, so wanted. And I don't want to give up lovIng so.

I will not cheat on her. I don't want to lead a double life.

And so I'm very sad about this. I don't want to hurt her, I think maybe, somehow, someway I can be liberated by knowing this gay part of me is real, while living a happy loving life with her.

I don't want to lose what I have, I don't.

This hurts me so much- I just can't imagine losing her.

Might it be possible, even healthy, to commit to her, and be happy? For the first time in my life I realize I'm not crazy, I've always been different, I've always had a romantic and sexual interest in guys.

My fate has been to find and be loved by an amazing woman. It could have been a man, but it wasn't. And maybe that's just fine

2. jaysuss

My heart goes out to you in this time. I don't know what to say but I hope everything works out well :slight_smile: