1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trouble sleeping

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 1, 2013.

1. MerBear

i cant sleep at night. i usually have no problem but lately... I've been sorta depressed and so its become harder to sleep and its 12:21 ...i did fall asleep at night but woke up because i had bad dream (childish. i know)

i'll stay up till 3 just thinking...and then i eventually just pass out from exhaustion but get this during the day ...all i do is stay and my room and in my bed...and all i do is fall alseep and just dont want to get out of bed

so how should i be able to fall asleep at night?

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you might be suffering from depression. Depression can cause insomnia during the night and sleeping during the day. Have you ever considered seeing a psychiatrist? I used to be like this when I was younger. But I got help and now I have no problem falling asleep. It's amazing how things have turned around for me.

3. MerBear

yeah but i mean....my dad wont let me and i don't want to tell them why im depressed....i feel like i'll look stupid

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your dad won't let you? Wth... why not? And you don't have to tell her why you're depressed. Just tell her you don't know why. Do you have a primary care doctor? Tell them next time you have a check-up and they'll refer you to a psychiatrist.
    I suffered from OCD and PTSD for 8 years because I was afraid to tell anyone what I was feeling. When I turned 15 I finally told someone because my panic attacks got so severe that I thought I was on the verge of losing my mind. Telling someone was the best thing I did. And I know you'll feel better once you tell someone.

5. MerBear

i know too much about panic attacks. they've gotten pretty bad...where i could barely breathe and it would last an hour

he wont let me because he thinks i'll talk about him (since he's done some bad things and i've told people before) and

i mean , i would love to get the problem off my chest but it problem will still leave me saddened.

i think that would be the best option though

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to say this but, your dad is selfish. You need to tell someone you trust what is going on. My dad played a big part in my suffering. He's dead now and even today I still suffer from all the crap he did. But life is so much easier to deal with after I told someone. When I was 15, I had a panic attack so bad that I broke down. I felt so empty and emotionless. I got to the point where I didn't care what anyone thought because I already felt so bad, and I figured nothing could be worse than how I felt at that moment. My psychiatrist prescribed me Lexapro and within 2 weeks, I was the old me again. I was able to feel emotion again. I was able to sleep and not worry about what could happen to me. I also got my confidence back.

7. MerBear

i've had self esteem issue but then got over it. i realized , this is who i am and if people dont like ....they can suck it for all i care...but now , i feel stupid and kind of worthless because of the reason why im sort depressed and definitely feel guilty as hell. i feel pathetic to if you mention but yeah....my dad is sort of selfish...

i've been feeling the emotionless as well

8. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why do you feel guilty?

9. MerBear

because i felt like i pushed my online ef gf into saying she still had feelings for me and i feel guilty i didn't listen to people when they said to stop talking to her

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So you're depressed because of a recent breakup?

11. MerBear

its really hard to explain , i wrote it in my blog. hopefully that'll clairfy it

12. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You did nothing wrong. You were being completely honest. She's the one who should feel bad. I still think you should talk to someone. A bad breakup triggered my panic attack when I was 15. The girl I was seeing came into my life at the perfect time. It was when I needed someone the most. And out of nowhere, she left. It tore me apart. And after I talked to someone, they helped me realize that I can do so much better. You don't have to tell your mom why you're depressed. Just tell her that you have a lot going on at school and that you'd feel better if you spoke to a professional.

13. MerBear

well actually my mom passed away when i was tel
    it's fine you didn't know but i don't know....right now i don't know why i feel the way i do now....because everytime i realize scarlett's gone....it kills me inside. i want to beleive she's still here in my life but i know she's not and everytime i realize that. it tears me apart

and especially seeing her picture....it kills me
    i've been staying up all night thinking and crying..
    we only got to video chat once too but at least i got the chance

14. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh gosh, I'm sorry about your mom. I could have sworn you said you were afraid to tell your mom why you're depressed. I tend to read too fast. >_<
    You feel this bad now because the breakup is still so recent. Have you only tried emailing her once? I don't understand how people can act like they care about you and, out of nowhere, just disappear from your life. It seems so sketchy. She definitely doesn't sound like the right person for you.

15. MerBear

yeah after she didn't email me back ....i gave her 2 other emails but never replied.
    i gave her a ticket and chose to take it then leave.

definitely not the right person. this is why i hate people with green eyes. they always hurt me and i always trust them. no offense with people with green eyes but seriously its happened every single time

16. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry, but the green eyes thing made me giggle. XD Good thing I have blue eyes! :wink: lol jk jk. But she seems like a sketch. When I was your age, I was the same way. I always blamed myself and let things like this get me down. But now that I'm older, I've grown a backbone for bullshit.

17. MerBear

she is sketchy. i know shes a lesbian but has experimented with guys twice.
    she says that ...out of all the people she's slept with , she has not dated one.
    she writes these sad love poems on her blog but yet ,leaves when someone wants to try and make it work.

she made a poem recently and it does relate to me , i can

and thats good on getting a backbone

18. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She probably can't commit. Some people prefer to mingle around with other people other than settling down with one person, especially if it's a long distant relationship. I wish I could tell you not to waste your time being upset over her, but I know that's not possible since you're still hurt. Just give it time, and I know you'll find someone who wants the same things that you do.

19. MerBear

she barely dated anyone anyways ....and they always broke up with her...

i wonder why? hmm....interesting
    she is beautiful though