1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step-mother, i need serious help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by unsuspecting, Jan 1, 2013.

1. unsuspecting

I have NO idea what to do anymore, we've hated each other for... for ever! Recently she tried to reach out to me, via facebook, and noticed maybe it isn't ME she hates (she always seems to be crabby and mean). I felt like we were really bonding, we'd talk on facebook without arguing and i found out she really cared (*hug*). After our bonding i went to my fathers and everything seemed to go back to what it was before :tears: she'd be mean and crabby again, and i personally clash with that! I tried to hold my tongue, and suprisingly i did! Now after that, when i returned to my mothers, I get on facebook to find that she has posted something she shouldn't have about my real mom, on my post about drunk parents are funny parents(it's new years seriously... who doesn't have a little bit of fun:rolle:slight_smile:. My mother, who has bad experiences with her before, escalated the argument.:eusa_doh:. Now afterwards, since this was on MY wall, i deleted the whole argument, and put:
    Seriously (step-mother's name), (mother's name), GROW up a little bit! It was EXTREMELY inappropriate to post about them setting a bad example, I am FIFTEEN, i can handle my own. They did not drink in front of me! If i was younger, i would understand, they shouldn't get drunk around little kids, but they weren't. Next time please refrain from posting about this on MY post, you are supposed to be grown up, both of you.

How do i fix what we were just starting to create? She even went to the extent of deleting me over that :dry:

2. SomeNights

Dude, I've been there. My parents have been divorced For quite some time now. The best thing you ca do is what you did do. Try and neutralize the situation and keep the peace.

As far as the relationship with your step mother, remember it takes 2 to tango. Just keep doing what your doing by killing her with kindness/ignoring it. When she's ready to she'll come around( or not, but at that point it's not your problem)

Hope this helps, divorced parents suck, hang in there though it eventually becomes civil. (*hug*)

3. shovelman

Good job on being the grown up in a situation like that. As for your Step-mom don't worry too much about her just make sure you and your dad are doing fine and she'll come around when/if she wants to but be sure to keep your relationship with your dad and mom healthy and things should be fine for you :slight_smile: