1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with coming out.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bzrk, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Bzrk

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey
    I was wondering if you have any tips to help me come out or a book that helped you or something.:icon_bigg

2. Salazar

Well, I was told to set targets. When I was unable to come out to my friend in person because she broke her toe, or something, I decided to cut my losses and text her. I've now told her that if I don't come out to my best friend by the 7th, that she is to out me to him. It stops me backing out, because I'd rather he found out from me, and it makes sure I come out, rather than backing out. It is pretty harsh, really, but that's all I seem to respond to.

3. LiquidSwords

I'd say you couldn't find a much better resource than EC. Nobody judges you here and you can ask anything. A book is going to pretty generic and I doubt will help you much, better to ask a specific question and get specific answers on here.

Tips for coming out? Get drunk, then tell someone. That's been my strategy so far :icon_bigg

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Well my advice would be what I did. I joined EC, which you have done and look at threads, ask as many questions as you want. Think of EC as one massive book of knowledge, experiences, questions and answers that will help you.

On a more personally note and from my experience is I didn't really set any goals to come out but that is not to say setting goals won't be good for you because it might. I asked all the questions I could on EC and then, since I am no good at one to one face to face I texted my mom and dad.

I don't know your situation so it's hard to judge how you should come out.

Sorry I suck a giving advice but please look through the posts on here. We're all here to help