1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coworkers annoying me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Nick3210, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Nick3210

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just came out to my parents in September as bi in sept 2012. I met my current bf in October. I also turned 21 in December.
    Coworkers are trying to get me to go with them to strip clubs and hit on women. I like my co-workers, and I kno they would be supportive of me being bi. They, for some reason, want to kno if I have found a girlfriend yet, or lost my "v-card". And I don't want to go dunking with them since I don't want to have them find out from drunk me.
    I don't want them to know, because it is none of their business who I date and have sex with. My argument is as long as it does not involve me, my (possible future) children, or people under age 18 and is having sex with some one who is more than 3 years older than they are, then it is none of business. The last part targets actual pedophiles.

How do I get my dumbass coworkers off my back with out coming out?

2. That1gurl222

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just tell them: I'm here to work. I don't want everyone involved in my personal life. Ill tell you when I want to tell you. It might sound very harsh.... But work is work.... You're there to make money not to make friends.... Cuz if they know... All it would do is start unnecessary drama in my opinion!

3. shovelman

Just tell them you don't want to go and for them to drop it, don't fall for their peer pressure or tell them you have plans if you don't want to have any questions. Yeah sorry I'm not able to offer much help :/

4. Nick3210

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay, I work in a correctional facility as a contract employee, my mom actually works where I work in a different area that I seldomly have any business with.
    The problem is, the coworkers ask in front of inmates, and I in a stern tone remind them that I am not permitted to reveal sensitive information in front of "customers"

5. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    Since you have been reminding your coworkers about talking in front of the "customers" it seems that the just can't take a hint. Tell them that you prefer to keep your work life and your social life separate. Although, it sounds like they will continue to encourage you to go out drinking with them. Stand your ground and don't agree to go out with them if you are not comfortable doing so.