1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell them

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Minecrafter, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello im a 13 year old Transgender and what I would want more than anything is to transition
    I've told my parents that im trans but they only asked two things
    1: do you want to be a girl
    2: why couldn't you keep this a secret
    well i have a answer for bothof them witch is yes and because i want to transition but the thing is i don't know how to tell them because they didn't really belive me when i said i was trans (i know this because they only talked to me once and when they were done talking they said "i hope this straighened things out" well i don't know how to tell them I want to transition
    also I havn't told my parents why i feel trans and what experiences that tell me im trans because they never gave me the chance
    so what im saying is how do i tell them i want to transition

2. Emberblaze

If you don't think they took you serious, than you gotta show them that you ARE serious. There's plenty of ways to do this. It could be as simple as re-approaching them with a prepared conversation about how you truly feel as a trans teen and how you truly most transition so you can e the person you truly are inside.
    Or, it could be as wild as just straight up dressing as a girl, putting on makeup and a wig and all that, then walk up to your parents and say 'do you believe me NOW?'

Heh heh, but my point is, you jus gotta let your folks know how strongly you feel. Don't let them sweep this under the rug. You need to keep attacking them while the wound is fresh, so to speak

3. metoo

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would slowly start dressing more and more like a girl, and then when they ask you why, say that it is because you ARE a girl, and that soon you really want to transition between the two bodies that just incases what you really are, and that you would feel sooo much more comfotable if you had a girls body, and then ask them if that would be possible. I don't know your parents, but that is what I would do.

:goodluck: