1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out regrets?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Draco, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Draco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've recently came out to three people in my life. Actually the most important people in my life! My dad, brother and best friend. All of them have been great about it but I feel kind of naked after telling them. Why is that? Has anyone had any kind of coming out remorse?

2. regime

regime Guest

In all honesty..i think that they are coming out jitters more than remorse...you feel naked because you just let out a very vulnerable secret..i think you are just nervous to let some people in on that secret...:grin: Letting people in even if they are close..can still cause a bit of anxiety..Eventually you won't feel so naked :grin:. Congrats on coming out to those 3 people and that they responded so well!

3. Given To Fly

Hi :slight_smile:

It's only natural to feel vulnerable after letting people in on such a big secret, which you've no doubt held onto for a long time. It will fade though, and you'll get to enjoy the feeling of not having to hide who you really are anymore.

(*hug*)