1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The worst feeling

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MixedNutz, Jan 3, 2013.

1. MixedNutz

I stop at my apt today to pick some things up. (Currently living with the bf and subletting my apt)

And there is a letter in the mailbox sent to me from my mother...

It basically was just a printed out email analogy that ended in "this is why we should stay within Gods organization... If we miss a lot of meetings (church) and go our own seperate way, the devil can pick us off easily" :rolle:

The worse thing in the world is feeling guilty for being happy...

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't feel guilty for being happy, you deserve happiness just like everyone else. I'm assuming that your Mom knows that you're gay or bisexual. I know my parents opinion matter to me as they know best how to get under my skin. But please don't allow her to make you feel bad by pulling that trick out of her hat. This is your life to live, not hers and if she doesn't want to be a part of your life then that's her loss.

3. MixedNutz

She doesn't even know that! All she knows is I've distanced myself from the religion.

My guilt comes not from the religion, but disappointing my parents. It's like I'm 75/25

75 i don't give a crap
    25 I wish I could make them happy

4. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

Don't let her get you down and don't let the letter get too deep into your mind. You should be able to live your life how you want to. She will eventually (hopefully) come to her senses and accept you if she wants to keep you as her son.

---------- Post added 3rd Jan 2013 at 06:05 PM ----------

That's a pretty harsh letter then. She must have some doubts about your sexuality.

5. MixedNutz

Yea I agree. It's harder knowing she doesn't do it out of hate, she believes its what's best for me.

I def thinks she has some doubts or questions about my sexuality

6. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

All religious parents do it in their child's interest, but they eventually have to realize that what they think is good is not always the best.

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

God does not care about sexual preference. God only cares you act out of love.
    God cares about your soul and not your body.

You have to look at the writings kept out of the bible;

===
    Gospel of Thomas

“They said to Him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the Kingdom?"

Jesus said to them, "When you “you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand “in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter [the Kingdom”
    ===

But more importantly they NEVER tell you this;

===
    “70) Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

Excerpt From: Thomas O. Lambdin. “The Gospel Of Thomas.”
    ===

There is more kept out of the bible than they let in. Only what supported their agenda is there.

Your mother is blind to the true miracles before her.

Stuck

8. quinos

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if your mother's religion is Christian, just tell her this is what Christ said about homosexuality:

9. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know roughly what you're feeling when your mom says that kinda stuff. The way I see it, those of weak faith need weekly bolstering of their faith. Those of us with strong faith don't need constant trips to church. Those who attend church most frequently are most opposed to equality. Seems like they're not learning the truth of love during all those sermons.

I read this on Advocate and this sounds just like what a lot of people need to read. I've been thinking of buying it.

Author Makes the Christian Case for LGBT Rights | Advocate.com

Try not to worry about your mom's opinion. Be glad you have a bf to come home to :thumbsup:

10. PeteNJ

So sorry man. Let your mother know you love her and you are happy with yourself. That's what matters.

11. MixedNutz

I guess the true test will be when I decide to tell her everything. She/ they then can decide where they stand, accept me or not.