1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did I lose my "virginity" (nebulous term?) on New Years Eve?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jsmurf, Jan 3, 2013.

1. jsmurf

Can't say I actually climaxed (because of the stupid antidepressant im on), but I had naked non-anal fun on the 31st with a cute 27 year old programmer I met around Christmas. Got to swallow his cum twice in the shower, and we sort of frotted and mutually sucked in bed.

Sadly he's now back in California (works for Blizzard), so I feel half empty. We kissed so much the week he was here and I came to feel attached to him and his fabulous eyes/smile.

And am I even still a virgin? Part of me wants to say that I haven't lost my V card FULLY just yet, but I also want to feel like it's behind me now.

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It all depends on who you ask really. If you don't feel you have fully lost it yet(even though virginity really isn't that important anyway), then that's fine.

3. jsmurf

I can't feel one way or the other with any sharp degree of certainty. I'm pretty much in the same boat with Pret Allez in this respect.. We both think "virginity" as a concept is pretty much an artificial construct. There are a dozen varying definitions of losing virginity, if you dig deep enough. Not going to go into the grimy details of every scenario of 'losing it' that exists under the sun (for both straight and gay intercourse alike), but that's self-evident and you get the point.

It's not so much that I believe in an objective definition for losing virginity, as much as seeking validation for myself that I've achieved what society regards as a key milestone of youth. Yeah, lame I know. :confused:

4. Ianthe

Virginity is an imaginary thing.

All sex is real, valid sex, including the sex you had on New Years.

You've done the things you have done. You haven't done the things you haven't done.

5. VyreRain

Um if you look up virginity it means not being penetrated.... so technically ur still a virgin...

6. Ianthe

Where did you find that definition of virginity?

Here's from the online etymology dictionary, which gives you not only the current usage of a term, but also it's origin and history:

There is nothing in there about penetration.

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I agree, the concept of "virginity" is a false societal construct for putting a physical definition on a emotional state.

To me we are talking "loss of innocence" and that comes in many ways prior to any physical act.

Instead of virginity talk depression... Do you have to be physically crying to be depressed? To me virginity falls into the same boat.

Stuck

8. VyreRain

I found it in the Webster's dictionary.
    why cant I be at least a little right?

9. Lewis

I don't think losing your virginity directly links to penetrative sex. Not all gay men are even into that. So why shouldn't your meaningful sexual experience mean that you're no longer a virgin? It was sex, regardless of how you performed it.

You can be a virgin to anything; flying (on a plane), drinking alcohol, going to nando's or simply just kissing somebody else. Don't worry about the label, like others have said, it's meaningless.

Just appreciate what you've done and don't think too much into it. Regardless of virginity, you've shared a sexual experience with another guy.

10. jsmurf

Oh also, when we were walking hand-in-hand together in Seattle's gay district (Capital Hill), some confrontational jackass came up from behind us and began shouting, "You buttfuckers! I bet I could beat your ass with no effort! Feel hurt, buttfuckers?"

We just walked on and avoided conflict. If the street had been more crowded, that punk would be in trouble.

Guess I've lost my getting-verbally-harassed-for-being-gay virginity too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :grin:

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2013 at 11:05 AM ----------

It kind of does suck that I can no longer feel safe holding hands with another guy when visiting in Seattle's gay-town at night. :frowning2:

But now I'm going off-topic.

11. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nah! That guy just moved from the "trivial many" into the "disturbed" category.

I feel bad for the idiot. What a pathetic position he is in.

Stuck

12. jsmurf

I think he was trying to provoke a response (the bastard followed us down a desolate alley while hurling more insults like "Fucking Faggots!") and get us to pick a fight with him.

But I hate fighting. Even if I was muscular and fit, I'd see it as a waste of time. :confused:

13. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well,,,

In some children they sow interest and affection by teasing or pulling on girls pigtails.

I sometimes wonder if that translates to aggressive homophobes.

To paraphrase and totally rip off somebody else...

“Woe to the Homophobe, for they are like a dog sleeping in the oxen's manger. The dog does not eat nor does the dog let the oxen eat”

Stuck

14. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your fun at New Years Eve, sounded a bit like my fun in Dublin this year, except I was the taker Lol if that's the word & I was asking the same question, have I lost my virginity, even though Anal Sex never took place, I think the consensus at the time was, I had lost my V Card :slight_smile:

15. Pat

Pat

I like to keep it simple. Guys have wood. Once your wood penetrates someone or their wood does so to you, that's virginity to me lol. But then again, what do I really know. I think the orgasm matters too though. That's really the first time you're seeing someone for who you believe them to be. In those moments after the orgasm, you kind of think clearly about what you're doing and who you're doing it with.. if they're really as special as you thought they were prior to the hook up.

16. robotman

Wow... This is kind of an old thread to be bumping dude, you must have been in deep search dublinboy =p!!

For me personally, I think if you haven't been penetrated or penetrated someone you are still a virgin but people see it differently. I don't really think oral sex or handjobs count as losing your "virginity" but that is just my opinion.