1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with a crush

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by josh9623, Jan 4, 2013.

1. josh9623

About a year or so ago i moved from south Florida and after the first few days of being in the new school i noticed this guy and I've wanted him ever since. we became friends and hung out at school but i never told him and this year i don't have any classes with him and he has a different lunch but especially since I've started to come out i really want to talk to him but i really don't know how to start the conversation, although last night i had a dream that he came up to me and started it. I'm not 100% sure he's gay but i don't think he's straight.(a fair guess as only about 45% of my school is straight) so any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

2. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

The first thing to do is get back in touch with him. At least as good friends. You can't help it if you see someone and just know they are meant for you. Don't fight those feelings. Start talking to him more and let him know you are there. Eventually you will just feel like it's the right time to tell him. Just one day when it is just you two with no one else around, just say...hey I need to tell you something..." the rest will come as you go :slight_smile: it's not easy talking about feelings; especially when you are talking to someone you really care about. But I did it and even though nothing happened right away, it was totally worth it in the end :slight_smile: I hope this helps a little. In the end, I'm just saying to not hide those feelings so you don't spend your life asking what if? life I did.

3. josh9623

i know i need to get back in touch with him and i may just be paranoid but i feel like if i just start taking any interest in him even as a friend it will seem suspicious and out of place so i really dont know how to go about doing it, and i really wish that there was a way around the bs so i could just hold him tight and know he's mine.

4. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

Aww (*hug*) well how long has it been since you have talked to him? I don't think it's be suspicious if you went up and said hi! If you're paranoid then just increase the conversations as time passes. This way he knows you want to slowly enter his life again and become better friends. They say that friendships that turn into relationships are the best kind because you're ready for it and you know the person well enough already :slight_smile: be strong! It will be worth it. I want what I can't have, but you actually have a chance. Take it!!

5. josh9623

thank you :love:

6. josh9623

I really should be asleep right now, but I am nervous about school in the morning as I feel before school is the only time I can really try to strike up anything with him, but I really don't know 1) where he is in the morning, or 2) that I won't just chicken out. I really want to get back into his life even if I have to start out as friends, but i feel like i am going to be my biggest obstacle. i cant help but wish that it just happened like it did in my dream where he came up to me and told me he liked me (in that way). so any way i haven't seen him since June and i haven't really done much with him outside school so i feel kinda stuck unsure of what to do, should i text him and ask where he is in the morning, or ask him if he wants to do something after school or something. i just really don't know what to do.

7. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, you could text him in the morning like you said and ask him where he is at and meetup with him for a small chat before school starts. Pick up where you left off. See what he's been up to. During that time I'd ask him if maybe he wanted to hangout after school.

8. josh9623

ok i think this is what i'll do, wish me luck and courage

9. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :goodluck: You can do it! Let us know how it goes. :grin: :eusa_pray

10. luvlontime

Good luck. You can do it and will be glad you did! Stay strong, and remember life is short. Live everyday to the fullest. Will be checking back later to see what happened. Anxious to hear. :slight_smile:

11. josh9623

ok so i got to talk with him a little this morning and i loved just being with him :eusa_shif but i didn't get to set up anything after school or the like. even though i only got to spend like five minutes with him it was worth it i really still am kinda lost as i would feel awkward inviting him to my house at this point but there isnt really anything to do elsewhere since i don't really want my parents with us the entire time. if it wern't for my mom id invite him to go out on the boat as it is something we both enjoy, but while my dad would be fine, my mom doesn't want me going without her or my dad. so i really feel stuck :bang: btw the before school thing only worked cuz he got there earlier than normal but it was still only five minutes.

12. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You should tell him that you're gay but do it in a manner that makes him think that you are putting great trust in him... not be like 'ohai im gay'. Make it look as if it is very hard for you to admit it, and it will be in your case.

If possible mention at the end that you're still waiting for that special person but if he isn't gay there is nothing you can do.

13. josh9623

i feel like this is getting long but i have to keep it going. my school is having exams this week and next so i was planning on waiting til after that to do anything but i feel like i am going into a withdrawl of sorts. i am depressed sad and i feel lonely. i don't want to make things weird during exams but i really feel like i need him.

14. josh9623

:help:can anyone help? should i try to talk to him now? should i wait? has anyone got any experience with coming out to a crush?:help:

15. josh9623

ok, soo i told him that im gay but not that i have a crush on him. and i'm a little unsure of how to read his reaction, he was a little shocked that i picked him to come out to, then he said "I'm not gay if that's what youre getting at" so, i'm not sure where to go from here. i feel like he is gay but doesnt really feel comfortable with it, and i'm not really sure if i should try to say anything about it, or just wait and see how it all turns out

16. Rexmond

If he told you he's not gay, then he most likely meant it. It's not something people lie about unless they have a reason to cover it up.

Your best chance would be to remain in touch with each other. Become good friends again and work on the relationship, so that eventually you will be inviting him round to yours. stay strong, have hope and try your hardest to focus on your exams! They're really important.

17. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's probably not gay. Most people in the closet will still admit to someone that starts by admitting they're gay first. I mean, how can someone admit they're gay, then make fun of you when you say the same lol. The only people who would still firmly say they're not gay when they really are, would be someone who's not even comfortable with it themselves, and trust me, that person will likely take a while to settle issues like that. There's nothing you can do to change that. But from the sounds of it, the question didn't rattle him, he sounds like he was pretty certain of his sexuality.

It sucks, but trust me, there'll be more people. You did an amazing job, having the courage to tell him. Look on the bright side of this; it's been a positive experience for you, next time you feel this way about someone, you'll be better prepared to handle things! If you still want to be friends with him, just assure him that you like him as a person, you think he's a great guy, and that you'd be happy to just be friends if he wanted to. Just realize that you must accept that he meant it when he said he was not gay. Don't get into a friendship with him if you're going to torture yourself with the possibility that he'll "change his mind" or something.

18. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That was very brave. Congrats.

19. josh9623

ok since i came out to him it seems like he has dropped off the face of the earth we havent talk and ive only seen him in the halls once (used to be almost everyday) and looking back i still dont think hes 100% straight just beacause of the way he acts around other guys and the comments that he makes (one time he jokingly called me his lover) and he will make gay jokes but they are usually directed at himself so im not really sure whats going on, it feels like hes avoiding me. i think he at least suspects that i have feelings for him if he doesnt know for sure so what do you think is going on?

i know he said he wasnt gay but he didnt say he was straight (am i reading too much into this whole thing?)

20. josh9623