1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can't be lesbian right?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MerBear, Jan 4, 2013.

1. MerBear

okay so ... I've been trying to accept i may be bisexual but started wondering if i could be lesbian and when i first though that , i was like "no , i can't ...i liked guys"
    my sister said i was boy-crazy and i was per say although ...i liked the idea of having a "boyfriend" , i remember my friend Alex telling me i ran up to my mother and told her i had a boyfriend.

with all the boyfriends I've had....i always wanted something...i guess "perfect".
    my ex Thomas and dated for 2 months and i never dated guys that long ...3 months tops and i know the months you've been with someone doesn't matter but when i was with Thomas , i would do things like in the movies , like leaping into his arms and i asked him if he knew what a passionate kiss was one time.....i would just , i don't know anymore.

sexually with guys , when i was 12 ...i gave me and my ex boyfriend a.j had oral sex and giving him a blow job was the most disgusting thing , I've ever done....but when he , i'll put it in simple terms , "ate me out" , it kind of felt good. another was i gave another ex a hand job , it was so awkward but i was a curious 13 year old haha this is one of the reason , i knocked down the lesbian option

the last crush i had on a guy was a year and half ago (my freshman year).
    my crushes....i did like them , i have proof i did....i wrote in my diary that there was a guy i liked and i didn't know if he and in the girl were dating....and i just did....i mean....i can't remember getting "butterflies" like i did with my crushes on girls but ...i would stare at them....and talk about them to my friends....

i have to have some emotional connection with guys because I've cried over guys , there a guy i really liked (had muscles and was athletic) and whatever through the year i guess i settled down or whatever and the end of the year , he asked me out and i was hesitant and i was like "i thought you said you didn't like me" and then he was like "well i changed my mind" then i eventually said yes ...then he would hold me in class and i guess i liked it then one day he said , i think we should break up then when the bell run i ran out crying then got over it the next day , figured out i was just his "bet" , i went up to him and punched him in the back of the head. he was stupid anyways immature.
    as for the future. i would love to marry a woman personally ...i love the idea of caring and loving a girl and i wouldn't mind.

i'll be honest ...i didn't hear of the word "bisexual" till last year
    (sophomore year , im a junior) and didn't hear "lesbian" until....lets see...i don't know , maybe near the end of last year also.

girls , there have been girls who i have had crushes on.

Rosalyn , god ...i would always get nervous around her...she was too beautiful and still is. always tried to impress her and would always stare at her , i always tried to get a peek at her in the locker rooms as well haha

Katie , i remember her..it was the beginning of my sophomore year and i started to think about her more and more ....then always wanted her near me , i loved talking to her...i remember i gave her a hug one day and i got this electric feeling down my back and stomach.

Scarlett. i'm actually recovering from what she did to me. i will not go into details about why im hurt and what she did but i will say that she hurt me pretty badly...i trusted her like no other. she was someone i met online 7 months ago and cared for her...and now she's gone ...and im torn apart. upset and mad, i don't trust myself or anyone anymore but other than that

when i first had my crush on Katie , that's when i started to question. some know me and know my story but either way....i started to question what was this feeling i had? is it just a girl crush or a real crush? do i just admire her? is this just a phase? and for a year , I've been like this sort of , questioning.

now im trying to accept i may be bisexual....but wondering about about being a lesbian.

sexual attraction , i don't know much about. i mean..honestly ..i don't know anything about so maybe if someone could clear that up and explain it? then that would help.

thank you to anyone who answers :slight_smile: i really appreciate it

2. Kay

Kay Guest

You certainly could be a lesbian. If you drifted from guy to guy and have not had any relationships with them for a year and a half. You list girls you have had crushes on and even loved over that period of time. Guys seemed to have disappeared from your conversation. You need to examine yourself and see what is inside and find that center. Hugs

3. Josclare

Josclare Guest

You sound to me like you could be biromantic (emotionally attracted to both genders , physically attacted to only one) as you say you like both men and women but are doubting your sexual attraction to men.

4. MerBear

how do i explain this , i don't if i'm sexually attracted to men or women , or even both.
    i don't know if have experienced sexual attraction before. i can't remember

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who are your fantasies about, men, women or both?

6. MerBear

they use to be about men but then got bored then just started daydreaming about women and haven't really stopped and that was a year ago i started daydreaming about women.

7. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you become aroused when you fantasize about women?

8. MerBear

yes.

9. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be a lesbian, but you're still young, so take your time to figure things out. I was your age when I started questioning and by the time I turned 19, I was pretty confident that I was gay. However, I denied it, which has been my biggest regret. Just take things one day at a time and embrace your feelings, do not deny them.

10. MerBear

i will. thank you :slight_smile:

11. MerBear

now that i look at my post. its long. haha sorry

12. VagabondTragedy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Sexual orentation can be a confusing thing, it takes some people longer than others to figure it out, too. But from the way you speak about your girl crushes, you very well could be a lesbian. I really do hope you figure it out, godspeed to you.

13. MerBear

thank you.

14. regime

regime Guest

Lol don't apologize i enjoyed your openness with your experiences. After reading your post, i would say take it slow as well..labeling your self without being sure can be dangerous, sometimes i question myself of being in between or just one was or another. Or just being a term i just heard "Biromanic". Eventually u will know yourself without any worry. It just takes time. Id enjoy every experience you have now. Take your time, don't worry about labels. :grin:

15. MerBear

even if i did come up with a label , i more than likely would not come out anyways , its pointless to me.
    thats what everyone told me , not to worry about labels and i really should but my body is fighting against my mind. oh how i hate my stubbornness haha

thank you for answering :slight_smile:

16. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey-
    By reading this I'd say that the answer to your question is "no, it's not impossible". Like probably until high school I one hundred percent thought I was straight and had what I thought were crushes on guys. Looking back I guess they were just guys that I admired...for whatever reason...but it did feel like I had really strong feelings for them. Even now I can't explain it- except to say that I haven't felt that way for a guy for a very very long time.

17. MerBear

yeah. thank you for answering :slight_smile:

18. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I thought I couldn't be lesbian for years. I had crushes on boys in middle school, so I thought I had to be bisexual. I also dated a boy my senior year of high school and I thought I was in love with him. I recently came to the conclusion that I haven't been attracted to boys at all for the past 3 years. So, now I identify as lesbian. Only time will tell whether you are bisexual or lesbian.

19. Kay

Kay Guest

I dated a few boys until the end of high school. They never did much for me. I decided i was just not ready but my eye always drifted to girls. In college I met some women who were just like me then I found the one. I've been with her ever since. I don't suppose I would have ever called myself bi. As soon as I found out some 40 odd years ago what a lesbian was I knew that was for me.

20. MerBear

i actually didn't think there were people who went through the same thing