1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do they do it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Wolf Vallimont, Jan 4, 2013.

1. I see a lot of pepole on YouTube talking about their story of their life as a gay person: the good, the bad, and etc..How do they do it? What gives them the strength to talk about something that personal? I mean, I want to do something like that on my YouTube channel, but, I'm not sure if I have the courage to do so like so many others around the Internet. I know I have to accept myself first before I do so, but I don't think I'll have what it takes to be able to do that, to talk about my personal experiences as a gay guy. Help please?

2. Iceman110295

well just use this site to talk about you life than maybe you will be able to build up courage to make make a video about you gay life. this site is for to express are felling without being judge.
    Everett, wa

#2 Iceman110295, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  3. Akatosh

It's surprisingly easy to pour your life story out to a stranger, but it doesn't mean they aren't strong. It's confidence they bestow that allows them to do this. I'm just as perplexed by people's honesty. How many times can you count the number of times you've fretted over being wholly honest with a stranger? Me- very few times.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One thing that may bring comfort to you is that while there seems to be many of those videos, it's a small small percentage of all the gay people out there. Some people while not being in the closet are still somewhat "private" about parts of their life, and wouldn't go on youtube and talk about anything let alone their coming out process.

Depending on your personality, if you're more of an introvert you may never feel comfortable making one of those videos, but that shouldn't mean you won't be comfortable being gay and letting people around you know about it.

Of course this may change as time goes by - I'd say for now forget about the rest of the world and work on being comfortable for yourself (as you read on you'll often see the expression "coming out to myself") - and I'd say by being here you've already made a step in that direction.

So do watch those videos to give you a glimpse of what's possibly in store for you later, but don't feel like you'll ever need to do one yourself to get your "diploma of gayness" :wink:.

#4 awesomeyodais, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013