1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Betrayed trust

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by luvlontime, Jan 4, 2013.

1. luvlontime

Has anyone come out to someone close (like I am working on telling my brother in the real near future) and you stressed for them to not tell anyone and they end up doing it? Don't think my brother would do something like this. He lives 2000 miles away, in the town we grew up in where he still sees friends that were both our friends and I would hate for him to slip and it somehow end up on Facebook or something. Think this is what is holding me back from picking up the phone right now and telling him.

If you have, please tell me how it went from there. I am almost starting to lose sleep over this.

2. regime

regime Guest

I think if it was someone you truly trusted with your secret than they would understand the severity of it..and not tell anyone for your sake. If they love you they will try to keep you as comfortable with your out status as possible. Have him understand your stance on your out status..Trust him..hes your brother..i would hope your own flesh and blood wouldn't betray you like that.

3. jaysuss

I feel if the person understands on how things in society work and how you should be as a person then they should realize that someone saying something like that is a big thing and shouldn't tell anyone and if they have the idea of doing it they should ask what you want to do with the information at the time.

4. Rexmond

When I first came out to my friends, one of them did hint it out and constantly made (and still does) make jokes to other people in my class. He was practically telling them and it made me so angry and I developed hatred for him for a while. We fell out, but we're friends again honestly now I don't care. But it can get really annoying in case the wrong person does find out.

Just be careful about who you tell, if it's someone you trust well and you know for sure they won't overreact, you won't need to worry. :wink: