1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by vani, Jan 4, 2013.

1. vani

vani Guest

It seems whenever I stand up I get a excruciating short headache and my vision blackens up and its very cold [very short goes away after]
    to the point that I sometimes have to lean up against a wall until it goes away.

Is this bad health or what is it a condition? can it be fixed? This is really starting to worry me and I don't know what to do about it.

2. isobella

See a doctor!

3. gggualigeee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    God bless you, friend.

4. Mhin

This should be move to healt thread.

Back to the topic, Do you have eyeglasses? Are you still in 20/20 vission? Are you working in front of the computer for more than 8 hours? I also experience the same, but only once - and the doctor advice me to get a better eyeglass

5. ameliawesome

this is a sign that your blood pressure has dropped suddenly. this could be a health concern, and/or it could be a diet issue. i get this occasionally, like if i stand up too quickly with a very empty stomach. my mom gets this often, mostly when she's been bent over and then stands upright. she takes meds to lower her blood pressure, and that may be what causes it for her. what's your diet like? do you have an issue with blood pressure? have you talked to a doctor or you parents yet?

6. vani

vani Guest

Well lately we haven't been eating meat only for a week

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2013 at 08:14 PM ----------

I did get new glasses

7. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever I have sat down for a period and then stand up quickly I experience the same thing; a headache and loss of vision, as if everything is blacking out.

In my case I was blacking out because I had low blood pressure and was anemic. Whenever I would stand up, it would take longer for my body to raise my blood pressure to a higher amount and I would almost blackout.

Either way I think its best you go see a doctor. Best be safe.

8. Shiny Espeon

If you've cut out meat, it could have something to do with lower levels of iron. If you have new glasses, it could be a reaction to the prescription. Of course, it could be many other things too. You should definitely talk to a doctor.

9. vani

vani Guest

Well I told my sister this and she just said I was really out of shape I don't really think my parents would take me to the doctor anyway

10. INTJ

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think your parents would be just a little worried if you say you occasionally almost blackout whenever you stand up.

Either way I don't think putting off a trip to a doctor is wise. Your sister is probably right and if that's the case it could easily be the first of many complications for you. It is better to nip this in the bud now.

11. ameliawesome

A change in diet can make your body do unusual things, which isn't necessarily bad. I'm vegan and I felt this way a lot at first, but I also had a slight eating issue and didn't eat enough. Cutting back on meat can be good for your body but if you're not compensating for the calories you're no longer eating then your body just needs more food. However, there are people who really need meat in their diet so it could be that. What are your meatless meals like?

12. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Drink more water! Thats what helped me anyways. Whenever I get really woozy I drink some water and it helps.

13. vani

vani Guest

I don't know there names but ingredients are usually fruit, mushrooms, peta bread and cheese [not all together thankfully]

14. ameliawesome

how about beans? nuts? on meatless days try to eat some more "meaty" proteins.

15. Wndy

Wndy Guest

I'm thinking you should see a doctor.

I also wonder if there might be a a link between this and giving up meat. I know that some people don't handle well without meat. Ameliawesome has good suggestions, but you might also just need meat again.

Then again, the cause could be something else entirely.

16. vani

vani Guest

Not giving up meat it's only for a week and it's almost over