1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did i mess up

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Iceman110295, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Iceman110295

Last week someone at my school posted of a pic of a kid name Eric ( not his real name he ask me not to tell) at my school kissing another dude over half of the school saw this pic on Facebook. When I got back to school all I see are the pic from Facebook thrown all over the school I guess some thought it would be funny to ruin he’s life the kid got expelled . He was caption of the swim team but they kick he out because the other guy didn’t want him on the team. But the crazy thing is that now he a bully he beat up a kid for just saying hi. People think it’s getting out hand so they ask the guy who told secret ask to come back and say sorry for what he did but instead he called him fag in his face. Eric punch him in the face security came in and took the kid who got punch. Today I told him my secret and said you’re not alone but he been asking me question about you should come out with. I told him I can’t since I need a place to stay I reference him to this site so he can get some help but worried that he might tell my secret was I right that I told him I’m gay or I shouldn’t have not told because this could mess up my living situation?

2. Mhin

I feel sorry for Eric, it's not really cool being bullied because your a gay.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whether or not you did the right thing doesn't really matter because you can't "undo" it.

It's really hard to know in a case like this what Eric will do. He's obviously very angry, hurt, and scared, and that's why he's reacting the way he has. His whole life has suddenly been turned upside down. Honestly, it sounds like someone at the school administration is asleep at the switch if they allowed him to be removed from the swim team simply because he's gay. That's ridiculous.

So from the perspective of being supportive... telling him was clearly the right thing to do. But in terms of keeping your own secret... that one the jury's still out on.

Keep us informed.

4. Sacha

Sacha Guest

first of all if he was captain of the swim team and they removed him for being gay then I suggest reporting that to someone higher up in the district. (Because that is completely unaccaptable)

Second of all.. this kid seems very frightened and he's reacting very poorly. I don't really know what to tell you other than that if you truly are afraid this kid will out you, explain to him "How did it make you feel when you were outed? Why would you do something so horrible to me if you yourself understand how it feels?"

5. Iceman110295

Are swim team is very different the couch ' pick the team do. They all have to be in sink if they don’t. They will kick anyone that don’t match up same as basketball are school is corrupt but they are trying to fix the problem by taking away the power from the kid but about time they Finnish season will be over so that sucks. I been try to reach him but he don’t answer my calls I’m try to explain to him why my secret need to be kept. Some of this my fault anyways I shouldn’t have told him I was gay I would be worrying about this all day
    Feel so dumb