1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nissondk, Jan 4, 2013.

1. nissondk

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi guys. I'm just trying to figure out some things in my life right now, one of the big things being if I'm gay or not.. I've read through a lot of the other posts and for some reason they don't help me come to terms with this.

Lets just start with the basics. I honestly think girls are beautiful and amazing, etc etc.. but I'm not attracted to them. I'm only 16 - and I have a girlfriend, and I love her to death, but for some reason, I don't feel a physical attraction between.

I've had thoughts about being gay since I was young, even before I would have known what "gay" meant. I always just felt more comfortable being closer to guys that to women (although all my friends have been girls, forever to be honest. I meant, I like to be physically closer to guys.)

Now, its gotten to a point where these thoughts are literally eating up my existence. I'm afraid that this might just be a teenage thing where you're curious about the other sex or something - but when I see another guy, I automatically judge them based on how attractive they are. My first thoughts when I see a guy are "wow, he's really cute."

I'm 98% sure I'm gay. But for some reason I feel that I can't accept it. I feel like I'd hurt my family even more (especially since my brother just came out, and that kind of surprised everyone in the family.) I don't want to make people question me about other things I may be keeping a secret. Plus, I have a guy bestfriend - no attraction to him whatsoever, but if I do come out - then what if he doesn't want to be my friend anymore because he may be afraid that people would judge him for have a gay best friend.

Really - any advice would be helpful at this point :/ I'm too afraid to ask someone I know personally. Sorry if this is just another teenage rant :icon_sad:

2. Ticklish Fish

hello hi!
    and take your time to figure out :grin:

3. TKM

TKM

:dry::icon_redfWhen I was questioning my sexuality all I thought about was being gay,too so your not alone, and it sucks to be completely honest but you will get through it, I did and I never thought I would (telling someone helped so much! Just FYI) also, I agree with ticklish fish just take your time to figure things out. When/if you come out to your family, theyre going to be shocked no matter what and they are going to ask questions no matter what, you just have to remember they are your parents and if they are really that hurt by it they will get over it, they love you. Or they aren't worth it(I don't know what your family life is like). And about coming out to your friend if he leaves you because HE'S worried about being judged then he isn't a good friend at all.

---------- Post added 4th Jan 2013 at 10:40 PM ----------

Smiley faces aren't those I meant to click this (*hug*)

4. TweetieBird

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 16 too, I had a girlfriend until I told her that I was gay. All my friends used to look at pictures of boobs and stuff and I've have to pretend to like it, so I know how it feels to hide it. All I can say is, it's your choice when you come out, or if you do. But I'd say from the post, I'm pretty sure that you are gay.
    As for the friend thing, I play sports, with the kind of guys who are too macho, and I thought they were going to hate me, but they fully respected me, probably because at the age of nearly 17, they have grown up.

5. TroubledRyan

As you have already been told, you need to take time to figure yourself out. It is really hard to tell someone what their sexuality is. It is something that you have to figure out yourself.
    It just seems like you are letting your thoughts of what other people will think of you cloud your judgement. Give yourself time, and really contemplate yourself.
    Most the time, parents turn more accepting.. even though some take longer then others. It is hard to break that parent-to-child bond. So if you're close to your parents, you should be fine. How did they react to your sibling coming out? Also, I know this is easier said then done.. but have you ever thought that maybe your best friend really wouldn't have been that great of a friend if he just threw you away for something you have no control over?
    Just food for though, good luck! :slight_smile:

6. confustionmuch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel you I've been struggling with a similar situation I can barly even admit to myself how i really feel let alone other people. but you no who you are regardless of the things your body feels, its okay to feel how you do. and the great part is its your choice to decide who noes. Just keep your head up and fallow how you feel