1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speechless?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Given To Fly, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Given To Fly

Does anyone else struggle to talk when faced with a really cute guy? It just happened to me a short while ago. A guy came into my workplace (I work at a railway station selling tickets), and asked about long distance tickets. It took me 5 goes to actually finish a sentence - either I couldn't get the words out, or they all just rushed out in the wrong order. Like some kind of speech dyslexia or something. I finally got over that hurdle, and made a joke about me being too sober, then a few moments later I was giving him a total price, and it happened again. I jokingly slapped myself and he eventually walked away smiling lol.

It's happened before, but only around cute guys thinking about it. 99% of time I deal with customers and I can scrape together coherent sentences...

Does this happen to anyone else? How do you deal with it? It would be nice to have a conversation with someone attractive without going to pieces...

He was rather cute though... :astonished:

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It happened to me once.

It was my friends younger brother (1yr younger) and I could not look at him let alone talk to him coherently. I was relieved when he left the house.

He definitely jammed all my buttons simultaneously.

Only happened that once.

Stuck

3. Van

Van

I just feel more awkward. I feel really weird among guys, especially cute/hot guys. And I just lose my sense of humour. :grin:

4. Given To Fly

At least I managed to make eye contact. Even if he did think I was crazy lol.

5. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I worked in a company's cafeteria as the grill cook. I had to take the order and cook it while the customer waited.

Anyways, there was this really cute guy that I would cook for....let's call him Ben (cuz that was his name....I had to sneak a peek at his name badge that he wore on one of his belt loops....tee hee!!! :icon_redf :icon_lol:

He always gave me the cutest smile when I waited on him. No matter how bad of a day I was having....seeing him would make it all better. He was adorable!!! I always made sure that whatever he ordered was a little more 'special' than what I would do for anyone else (I know...I'm bad :icon_twis :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ).

I always felt a little spark between us but never had the courage to talk to him other than taking his order....which was difficult as it was.

So, yeah, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

6. Shiny Espeon

I know exactly what you're talking about. But it's not just hot guys for me. It's people in general.

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Master chichi... Aspergers, social anxiety, what? You explored it at all

Stuck

8. Given To Fly

I'm glad it's not just me. I get it sometimes just talking to people - it's like I can practise the conversation in my head, but it all goes to shit during the event. More recently it's gotten better, except when I'm consciously aware of someone attractive I'm talking to.

I'm guessing it's some kind of anxiety?

9. Shiny Espeon

I don't really know what it is with me. Mostly, though, it's around new people. With my friends and family, I'm perfectly fine. But whenever I meet a new person, I jumble my words together. If I want to say 'nice to meet you,' it ends up something like 'meet to you nice.' It's probably just a mild anxiety thing.

10. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    this :s

11. ForceAndVerve

Job done! :grin:

And no, I haven't. I don't know if that's because I just don't get that taken aback or I haven't been approached by someone cute enough :wink:

12. TeePee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    oh Gosh that happens to me alk the time...with me, i tend to forget meanings of simple words( at one point a guy mentioned a bar and i rambled on about something completely different).

---------- Post added 6th Jan 2013 at 12:55 AM ----------

oh Gosh that happens to me all the time...with me, i tend to forget meanings of simple words( at one point a guy mentioned a bar and i rambled on about something completely different).

13. kiltrout

kiltrout Guest

I don't have trouble interacting with new people unless they are really hot. I've personally met several famous photographers and have struck up a conversation with them easily. I think it might be because I'm somewhat intimated by the other person's looks. I've always been a bit insecure about my looks.

14. Rexmond

Haha! I'd love to have seen that. :grin:

This happens to me too when I talk to guys who I find seriously attractive... and cute. :astonished:

I can barely get my sentences out, and I end up sounding like a retard. So when I am talking to guys I find attractive, I say as little as possible.

15. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I can sometimes get a bit anxious if I am meeting them under no special circumstance, like a friend introduces us or something, but if I'm given a topic, they ask a question, or I genuinely have a question and ask them, then I am pretty much normal.

16. Niqk

Niqk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Happened to me several times. Since I sometimes stutter, I blame it on that anyway. I'm a good actor most of the time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Given To Fly

What're the odds on guys thinking it cute? I can hope, right? :grin:

18. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Happened to me pretty recently. A few friends and I organised a Pokemon tournament at my Uni and I got to battle with a veeery attractive guy, and after we finished (he destroyed me btw) I was only able to mumble something like "good job". I wanted to compliment him on his awesome team and my mind just went blank.

19. alberz

alberz Guest

It happened to me a few months ago, in a break during class. When I realised I couldn’t say anything coherent, I started blushing too. I felt so embarrassed and stupid, but from the other side (which has happened too), I do find it (and blushing) cute. :icon_wink