1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major straight guy crush.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TweetieBird, Jan 5, 2013.

1. TweetieBird

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I suppose this is a hazard of being masculine, liking masculine guys and having a male, masculine dominated friendship group; but I really like this one guy in my group; he's super hot, funny, caring and sensitive. He's 110% straight though.
    I don't know if anyone else has had this, but its really hard because its just a stupid crush, but I don't want to do anything stupid and lose a friend, I know I need to just snap the fuck out of it, which I already have done to a certain extent, but its hard...
    Any tips?

2. 341

341 Guest

Go get another crush..? lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. ForceAndVerve

^

Some people say it helps if you try spending less time around your crush. Other than that there's not much you can do other than occupy your mind with other things to wean yourself off him.

4. BudderMC

Well... this scenario doesn't change if you aren't masculine, or they aren't masculine... it only changes if your crush isn't straight.

Anyways, the things people suggest to get over crushes are time, distance, and something to use as distraction. Time and distance might be tough if you're part of the same social circle, but if it's really bothering you, you could let your friends know you need some space for a while (and if they're halfdecent they should understand).

As for distraction, you could do as another poster suggested and find another crush. If that's not an option, try burying yourself in the rest of your life. Pick up a hobby, keep busy at work, hang out with other friends. There's lots of other things you can do besides hanging out with this specific group of guys to fill your time.