1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sadie Hawkins

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by shadowaces, Jan 5, 2013.

1. shadowaces

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The Sadie Hawkins Dance is coming up and my girlfriend and I aren't out so obviously we can't go together. I was just planning to skip it since school dances aren't my thing. My girlfriend wants to go though and plans on asking a guy. Am I being to controlling by telling her not to do this? It's not that I don't trust her not to get involved with him, I just don't trust the guy. He hits on her all the time. Should I back off and let her go?

2. MerBear

i think she and you should go together even if you aren't out. i know you might not come out just yet and im not trying to force you but maybe you should just risk it...take a chance...i know its not the best option but i think it would be nice for the both of to go together instead of her going with a guy when she's your girlfriend or if not that ,
    you can agree to both skip the dance and just hang out to together although she says she wants to go and you don't

3. Sacha

Sacha Guest

What do you mean by getting "involved"? If she's a lesbian then obviously she's not going to get "involved" with him. A relationship is a two way road so if she truly is only attracted to women then I don't really see you having to worry about anything.
    That being said I think that if you're worried that he is going to force her into doing something (like say, rape her?) then clearly you should prevent her from going to the dance...At least with this specific guy. And no you're not being controlling. if you feel uncomfortable with your girlfriend going to a dance with another person then your girlfriend should understand that and respect that by not going or at least consolling you by explaining what is and what isnt going to happen.

4. shadowaces

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you guys. I'll ask her if she wants to hang out on the same day and if not, I'll trust her and assume nothing will happen at the dance. :slight_smile:

5. MerBear

your welcome :slight_smile:

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd let her go. Dances aren't your thing, and if you trust her, you know that she's going to have fun, not to cheat on you.

Even if you did go with her though, it's no big deal. Girls go with each other to dances all the time. It's an excuse to get all dressed up and have a good time. Plus, girls can be MUCH more affectionate without people assuming they're gay, so I think even if you dance with her, your closet door is intact. :wink: