1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok weight issues (can't stop losing weight)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander69, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Alexander69

Ok so I've had eating disorders before and I've been an over eater before. Lately I've been losing weight healthy ive been eating but eating extremely healthy I'm also a vegan. I was at 145 and that's what I wanted to stay at I had plateaued for a while and stayed there I woke up today and weighed my self I'm now at 138. When I start to lose weight I lose it fast I lose about 2-3 pounds a day. So I'm a little nervous I don't want to get to thin again. Also I'm 18 I'm 5"8 and I have a large bone frame

2. Equalist

Equalist Guest

How often do you eat throughout the day and how much?

3. Alexander69

Idk maybe 5 times a day? About 900 -1,100 cals a day?

4. Hexagon

You need more kcals. I'm vegan too, and being vegan doesn't mean you shouldn't eat properly. Try to get 2000 kcals/day. You may want to look up some more calorie dense, but healthy, things to eat. I believe nuts fit this criteria.

5. Equalist

Equalist Guest

The "5 times a day" part sounds good. Some even recommend that 6 is ideal. However. 900 - 1,100 calories is very low. If you're trying to gain weight, at least 2,000 calories per day is recommended. If you're trying to maintain your weight, then it is good to keep it around 2,000 or slightly lower.

I'm trying to gain more weight and I'm taking in about 2,400 - 2,500 calories per day, and even this is going to produce slow results for me. So definitely bump up the calorie intake.

6. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I would suggest mango with pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and shredded coconut. Replace the mango with sweet potato and olive oil pepitas and coconut and you have something else.

How do you meet your daily calcium requirements? Apes in the wild eat a shopping bag full of leafy greens daily to acquire all the necessary calcium. Keeping in mind equatorial greens are different from temperate greens. Just as tropical fruit makes temperate fruit look pathetic nutrition wise.

I would also suggest Japanese natto (vegetable cheese) (fermented soybeans) same as eating termites like all wild apes do, lots of protein. Fermentation eliminates the down side of soybeans.

You may wish to look into your source of vitamin D as it is rare in vegan foods. We are naked apes designed to be naked under the sun priding D in the skin. But then our natural range is within 30 degrees of the equator (FL or better).

Stuck

7. Alexander69

Ill look in to all the recommendations given! Thank you everyone! Ill take more ideas too. And as fit vitamin d i heard it shortens your life span? I live on Vancouver BC Canada and we lack vitamin D let me tell ya it's so gloomy here :frowning2:

8. MerBear

same here! its so hard for me to gain weight...although i've never had a eating disorder...i always lose wieght and no matter how much i eat , i still lose weight

9. Equalist

Equalist Guest

Vitamin D is very important. If you feel you aren't getting enough or you have actually been diagnosed as vitamin D deficient, you can get vitamin D supplement pills. Even though I live in Southern California, my mom does not get enough vitamin D from the food she eats because she is slightly lactose-intolerant. She now takes a calcium+vitamin D supplement pill to make up for it.

You can always see a doctor if you are worried about your intake of vitamin D. It is an important nutrient.

10. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

You have to keep in mind we are naked apes. How could a naked ape evolve successfully at the equator if vitamin D shortened the life span?

Your average Caucasian makes 15,000-20,000 iu of vitamin D with 60% skin exposed at noon in summer in 15 minutes time. Who do you trust? 5-7 million years of successful Evolution or a government lobbied by pharmaceutical companies to keep RDA's low?

Watch this;

D-Lightful Vitamin D: Bone & Muscle Health and Prevention of Autoimmune and Chronic Diseases - UCSD-TV - University of California Television

All you need to know is in the video.

Stuck

11. ohhsnapple

ohhsnapple Guest

I've gotten a little bit too low as well, what works for me is to eat a lot of nuts because they are small and calorie dense. But eat quickly because they will make you feel full quickly.