1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could I be bisexual?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by mba, Jan 5, 2013.

1. mba

mba

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'd really appreciate some advice, as I've been panicking for the past week! I've always identified as straight/crushed on only guys/etc., and though I grew up in the church (where as most know, being homosexual is not always supported) I have been very pro-gay and believe that love is love and it's great if you are attracted to your own gender - I just never thought it would happen to me. Now I've started my first year attending a religious university, and I think I may be crushing on my roommate. I've always thought girls were very physically appealing and could imagine sex with them, but that's the extent of it. I'd never felt the urge to date a girl until now, and I'm freaking out because my roommate is 100% straight and I know she would be weirded out. She is the only girl I feel this way about, and I don't know what to do!

2. Yoshi02

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    It certainly seems possible. You might be just a little bi rather than full on bi so the type of girl that actually turns you on may be rarer, or at least you're more likely to be turned on by men than women.

It sucks keeping this kind of thing to yourself, but if you know that she isn't likely to be receptive to your interest you're probably better off not telling her considering the situation. Perhaps you should go out and meet other people, men and women, and see if someone else grabs your interest?

3. curlycats

+1 @Yoshi02

it's possible that you are, but it's impossible to say for sure. only you can decide that. with more life/people experience, the answer should start to become clearer. these things take time, so just relax and tune in to what your body tells you.

good luck. :slight_smile:

4. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

How does your body react when you see girls and guys? When you feel sexual attraction towards someone, you without realizing it will imagine sexual scenarios of that particular person. Your body essentially wants that person. You have little control over that. If you find that your body never craves guys and only girls physically, then you are most likely a lesbian. If you find your body craves both to some varying degree, then bisexual may be more accurate. Hope this helps.