1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is either a couinsedent or a divine slap to the Face

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Minecrafter, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Minecrafter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well lately I've been thinking if transitoning would be worth the work and social pain. And I was just thinking then I checked my email and it had a quote of the day and the quote was
    "A soft sea never made a skilled sailor. The best things in life can only be found through challenge". I thought this was cool and it told me I should keep with what I believe and try to transition. Well why I say this could be a divine slap to face is because, I grew up in a Christian family and was raised as a Christian. Well recently I have been doubting the existence of a god. One of the reasons for this is that if there was a god the god would be perfect and if a god is perfect it means that the god can't be a minipulator or meddler and if this is true he would not be allowed to interfere with ones life witch means if there is a god he/she is just a divine spectator not helper. Well with this being said, when I told my dad that I am transgender he told me to pray well I humored him and pray I asked god that if this was worth fighting for and I said if you are out there god and you can help us then give me a sign and tell me what I should do. Well then I got that email and it got me wondering.

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You never know, but I do believe in God. And I do kinda agree that God is a spectator. He's chilling, probably watching us and shaking his head. Then again, who really knows....I think the email was pure coincidental, but it couldn't have come at a better time. Just when you were about to give up, he answered your prayer. I'm sure he has an iPod, iPhone, computer or tablet :grin:

I like your name btw, fan of minecraft?

#2 pinklov3ly, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a great story! While I believe in a nigh-omnipotent God, I don't believe he's perfect. It solves the paradoxical viewpoints you're struggling with, and makes the God pill a little earlier to swallow if you find your belief wavering.

That is a magnificent quote, too. The second part isn't even needed actually; the part about seas and sailors does the job all on its own. I wish you luck and courage in transitioning. :slight_smile: And don't worry about God; there's no doubt in my mind that he's on your side.

4. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I turned away from God when i found out i was trans. But once i realized i couldnt face this alone i turned back to Him and my life is so much more managable. He intervenes when He knows you need it. It may appear that Hes simply spectating but He always has a hand upon your life. You may not feel it but Hes there. He will never leave or forsake you