1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding how to be me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crypticrose, Jan 5, 2013.

1. crypticrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    so i'm transgender and i live with my parents whom are what i like to call ¨cathloholics¨ (extreme catholics). they are against me being trans and want nothing to do with it. the let me have a few outfits in my room as long as if they are hidden and i wear them in my room with my door closed. unfortunately im going insane now. i feel like i cant hide myself much longer, i really want to come out of the closet but cant. my parents get angry if i bring it up. i have told a few friends and they are supportive of my and even call me by my female name when its safe too. however i dont know how much longer i can do this. they say they ¨never wantedba daughter and if i change my gender they won't love me anymore and will stop talking to me¨.

i really don't know what to do here, i feel like i have to pick between A. stay male, keep family but be tortured on the inside... or B. become the real me and never be able to talk to my family again...

2. Caudex

Caudex Guest

If they're like this, then why would you want to talk to them? I know they raised you, but you have to draw boundaries somewhere…

3. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Im in a similar boat to you. My family are extreme christians and hate that i dress like a guy. My only real option is to wait until i have moved out of home and then start taking hormones and get surgery and stuff. Thats my only option at this point. I have to just grit my teeth and pull through this until i am out of their house. My thoughts and prayers are with you :slight_smile:

4. Jim

Jim

That must suck for you... My mum doesn't mind as such, but she's just not supportive about it at all..

5. Rexmond

It's entirely your choice, but regarding this particular situation, I would go with option B. If your parents won't support you or make you happy, why should you sacrifice your happiness for theirs?

6. crypticrose

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    your right rex, why should i sacrafice my happiness for them? i wish you luck george with your journey.

while i hate it how there are people who are against lgbt's, im glad there are people i can share my experiences with.