1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward date...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Fiorino, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Fiorino

So there's this guy at my school who likes me, he had a b/f until now but
    he's single now and so he sent me a text yesterday and then we started
    a convo on msn. We decided to meet up today for Lunch after school.
    So- we met up and bought some sandwiches. He's a really sweet guy,
    but the thing is- he's not my type. He's a hippy, which is really cool but
    not my type of guy, I can't help it. He has a beard and looks like a Viking.
    He's not ugly either, I'm just not attracted to him. We talked a little, but
    there was a LOT of awkward silence. I had this gut feeling that it wasn't
    going to work with him, even last night when I figured out it was him, I had
    this wierd feeling come over me. It wasn't dissapoinment, it was like "reality
    check" or something. I didn't get my hopes up, because I wasn't expecting it
    to work so I wasn't dissapointed, but I'm afraid I'll hurt him (guess it's inevitable).
    He said he really likes me. He's cute- but not physically (to me). I'm the kind of
    person who tries to make things work, I'm like "how can I make this work"
    and all I get is "this isn't going to work". I'm sorry- I did give it a shot even when
    I thought it wouldn't work. Our convo last night got wierd at one point too, he was like
    "so, what have you done with a guy...are you top or bottom?" We're both top, but then he said "you'll become bottom then". Don't take it as him being a jerk, he's really a sweet guy but not for me. I can't go out with him just because he's gay. I feel kind of bad for him, so I have to justify myself. :icon_sad: Not frustrated, just somewhere inbetween dissapointment and indifference I guess, and feeling bad for him.

2. JSG

JSG Guest

Going out with the first guy you come across isn't the best idea. No point in being with someone you don't love. You'll just have to let him know that things aren't going to work out in between you guys.
    You're cute, I guess a lot of guys will fall for you and he won't be the only one you'll have to say no to.

3. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

I would straighten things out soon. It seems like this guy has already considered you to be in a relationship with him. He also said "then you will become the bottom" he is already thinking he is going to have sex with you aswell. I would get to the point and tell him its not going to workout between you and that your just not attracted to him and would rather just be friends.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

And I know this might have already been pointed out, but it doesnt really sound like he's thought about you atall when he just says 'oh you can be the bottom then' =/

I'd sort it out as soon as possible.

5. Leigh

Leigh Guest

sounds like youve pretty much got it sorted.

its a crappy situation... hope it turns out ok.

^^^everythings pretty mch been said (*hug*)

6. Fiorino

Thanks guys (esp JSG- you made my day :kiss: ).
    So...I told him tonight on msn after he was like
    "so now that you've seen me in person, what do
    you think?". I was honest, I said "You're a really
    nice guy, even cute. But you're not really my
    type. Don't hate me". He took it ok, but I still
    feel kind of bad for him. I also said "there's
    plenty of other guys on this earth, don't worry".
    I can't always say yes, there's so many guys out
    there and he just isn't the one for me. :icon_sad:

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Good job :slight_smile: *hug*