1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking a break from myself

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mlpguy88, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This has been happening for the past couple days and at first I thought I was just upset but now I feel like this needs to happen. I am going to take a break from my sexuality, it has been almost 2 years since I accepted it and it has done nothing but cause me heart ache. I really need to stop thinking about it and having the constant stress and anxiety that it causes me because if I keep this up it's going to kill me.

I'm not going to leave EC or anything like that, but I need a break. This could be short term or for the long term, I don't know for sure, but for now I'm done

2. Gen

Gen

If you feel that is what you should do, then I would be behind you all the way. You should always do whatever will make you feel the most comfortable. Your opinion should be the defining one.

That being said, do I believe it is a good idea? Not really. Our orientation will always been constantly reminded of. Its part of who we are, and we cant really escape ourself. I believe you when you say that you have accepted your sexuality, but it doesnt seem like you have accepted yourself. There isnt really a logical reason to not be at peace with ourself, except for the hate that is thrown around within the world that we live in. From what I have gathered about you, you seem like a kind and friendly person. At some point you have to accept that there is nothing wrong with you, and you cant let anything waste years of your life, preventing you from realizing that.

Either way, I wish you the best. (*hug*)

3. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with what Gen said. You can't really run away from your "problems." They'll always be there if you don't work on them.

4. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you (*hug*) I really do appreciate your input. I feel like I need to get a handle on the other things in my life, but my sexuality always seems to get in the way. Hopefully down the road or maybe sooner than I think I can get back to myself but for now I need a time out.

5. Yoshi02

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I understand actually. Sexuality shouldn't define your life. It's just one part of the whole you. But there are times when it can feel like everything and constantly be on your mind which is distressing.

Sometimes it's ok to say "I can't deal with this right now" and set aside for later. Give yourself permission to take a break especially if the answers aren't coming right now. Just don't avoid it too long. Give yourself time to relax and think about other things and come back with a fresh perspective.

Good luck!

6. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sometimes feel like this as well.

I support you of course, but I hope you aren't doing it for the wrong reasons dear.
    (*hug*)