1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unrequited love

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

How do you get over it?

Im not gonna give any detail. I judt feel so sad and down like crying

I wanns be happy again

2. Given To Fly

I won't lie it's hard to get over it. But try and move on. Go out, meet people. Talk on here if you need to. (*hug*)

3. Yoshi02

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Time mostly. But you can speed it up a bit if you find a new someone who makes you forget all about them.

4. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Talk about it, talk about it, then talk about it some more until everyone knows how much it sucks to be you and their ears bleed. (lol but seriously...)

Hang out with friends you can talk to and reconnect with them, as you were probably swept away in the dazzling romance that was your ideal lover.

Now that your lover has ripped your heart out and torn it to shreds, you have the right to never talk to them again, even if they were your best friend. Do not, under ANY circumstances talk to them/plead with them/beg for their presence. I've tried the "let's just be friends" sh**. Don't fall for it. Your friendship will be awkward at best by this point anyway, and their feelings WILL NOT CHANGE just because you want them to.

Cry cry cry. Read articles online to figure out what went wrong then cry some more believing it was all your fault that they were unable to feel love for you. Throw some darts at a picture of your now forgotten love. Pray to a Higher Being for them to be swept away by your charm and realize the mistake they made by not loving you in the first place, then realize they won't. Allow yourself to wallow in self pity for at least the next week, and don't expect your feelings to subside within the next month. Instead, allow yourself to feel like crap so the pain will resurface as minimally as possible.

Wear black to symbolize your mourning if you have too.

Feel your feelings. It's all you can do.

5. PinkTractor

keep in mind the rule that says it will take you at least half as long as you were together to get over being apart. I have found it generally takes twice as long....but it does happen. One day you realize you haven't thought about them that day....then it becomes a week...then only when something triggers a memory. One day you'll wake up and start thinking about the good things of not seeing them...even if it's just that you don't have to see them!!! Then you'll reach the place where even if you had the chance to see them you wouldn't choose to. It's an awesome feeling, to realize you DID get over them, and they mean less than nothing to you. Believe that day will come. it will.

6. Amicus

Hi Gazza123,

Getting over your object of affection will mostly require time. That's as unhelpful as it is true, so here's some suggestions to try to make that time more tolerable:

Take a week or two or even a month (so long as there's a definitive start and end point) to feel these feelings to their fullest. Don't police your emotions. Wallow in self-pity. Scream with rage. Weep hysterically into your pillow. Write long rants on here. Do whatever comes naturally.

Once that time is up, make an effort to resume your normal life. Thoughts of your object of affection will come up, and that's to be expected. Don't try to force yourself not to think about them, because it won't work. When those thoughts do come up, just remind yourself that you survived however many years before you met them, and you can survive without them now, damn it!

Be really nice to yourself. Do things you enjoy that have nothing to do with the object of affection. Read your favorite books. Watch your favorite movies. Make tasty food. Go for walks.

Hang in there (*hug*)

7. hmph

hmph Guest

if you really love someone then you never will get over it, i will tell you that now.

i am young but i know a deal more than one would think.

give yourself time. either, you will forget about them, or, you will learn to not receive love back. you will get comfortable loving them, even if they wish you dead.

just move on, as best you can.

8. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I don't think there's a quick fix for getting over it, only time, patience, and realization maybe. Just know that it's not the end of the world and there are many other opportunities with different people that will come. It sucks to be in that position, and it's hard to be in that position, but gradually you'll see that as much as it hurts now, later on, you'll look back and see how it'll get you towards other things that you want. Don't let it get you too upset, just be patient and time will heal.

9. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It does get easier as time passes; feel the hurt, pain and cry all night if you must. I'm still in love with this girl I used to date, but she's pregnant by her ex. I'm not hurting anymore, I'm just disappointed in myself because I knew she wasn't over him.

I've been keeping myself busy a lot and talking to other women. I don't wanna hurt anyone else, so I'm taking things slow. Music helps a ton as well and reading self-help books/articles. She claims she misses me, but I could never put my heart out there for her to break again.