1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my Job :(

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mhin, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Mhin

It's not about sexuality or any related LGBT problem, but I hope I get some advise from you guys.I hope I'm on the right thread.

I went to office today, and my manager announce that our team project will be dissolved. I am really sad after all the hardwork and effort we put in two years. I am the bread winner of my family and now I don't know what to do, I can't afford to lose a job. I do have some small saving and I am stuck on what to do, should I use it to find another job? (will surely takes time), should I start small business (will not suffice the needs of my family), I'm so sad and depressed :frowning2:.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your job!!! I wish I had advice for you, but all I can really do is commiserate... Where I live there are no jobs, so I decided to move out of state just so I can finally get out on my own.

Times are definately tough...
    :frowning2:

3. ForceAndVerve

Awwww I feel for ya, I've been unemployed in the past/moved between jobs.

I don't recommend starting a new business. I think that's too big a risk. Don't concider doing that until your more financially stable.

I think the best thing for you to do is start applying for jobs. Maybe you can start off by applying for positions that you like or are similar to your previous job.

I don't know what the job market is like in the Philippines but I assume you still need a good CV/covering letter? Make sure those are up to date, well formatted and are relevant to the job you are applying for. If you have any issues with doing your CV there are plenty of resorces on the internet as well as what to expect /how to prepare for interviews.

The main thing is to not get yourself down about it. You should concider this an opportunity to move onto better/greater things. So get applying! :grin:

4. Mhin

Thank you guys for the advice. I am currently updating my CV and hopefully find one that suit my skills.