1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Incident... With a happy ending!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TweetieBird, Jan 7, 2013.

1. TweetieBird

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is going to sound like something out of fan fiction, or a cliched glee storyline, but this genuinely happened and I felt awful, until today.

As a preface, I do not believe in stereotypes, they are harmful to individuals and society in general, but I do not fit into the perceived gay stereotype. I do not get on with the gay people at my school, they make fun of me, bitch about me and seem to think I cannot be gay because I don't run around in a tutu singing Defying Gravity... I hang around with my rugby team friends who all know I'm gay and are perfectly fine with it.

On Thursday night, I was at a party, where all of my rugby friends were, I went outside with my friend "Sam" (not his real name) for a cigarette. He is very attractive, but straight and like a brother to me. We were both just sober, we'd had 3 beers maybe, and we started talking about the various best try's we've scored and one in particular where I had set him up to score. At this point we had a perfectly platonic hug, like normal guys, he's straight and everything. But before I knew it, he had his tongue in my mouth and we made out for like 2 minutes. He is so muscular and strong, it was so sensual and brilliant, although his mouth tasted like tobacco, it didn't matter, it was my first gay kiss! :grin: Afterwards, he straightened up - no pun intended - and said "that never happened" in a jokey manner, went inside and joined the party.

I had been feeling awful about it, like I was going to loose a friend. But today was my first day back at college. He walked over to our bench in the canteen, after an awkward 10 seconds where we avoided eye contact and talked to other friends, he called me over on the pretence of going to hand in History essays and we walked together. He started the conversation by mentioning Thursday and I responded by saying how sorry I was and that I could understand if he was annoyed. He seemed perplexed by this apology and went on to say how it was consensual, not just me (as I had feared) and that I was a good kisser. Then he hugged me :lol:

I know he isn't gay, and I'm fine with that, because I wouldn't want anything to jeopardise the brilliant camaraderie that we have. I'm so glad that I could do that and still have a brilliant friend :icon_bigg :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

He definitely confirmed that I am gay though :roflmao:

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LoL! Well that sounds wonderful! I'm so glad your first kiss was with your close friend! Congrats on officially knowing you're gay... :roflmao:

3. Night Rain

Did you post this somewhere?

I'm pretty sure straight guys don't do that... :wink:

4. TweetieBird

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I did, but thought I couldn't give an update without the back story because it wouldn't make sense for people who hadn't read it.

5. ForceAndVerve

That makes no sense...he must at least be questioning his own sexuality. Wish I had "straight" friends like that lol. :icon_bigg

Lucky guy!