1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Locker Room

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Zak, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Zak

Zak

Ok, So i've been thinking about coming out....like really thinking...deep into the results! One thing that I can't help but be afraid of is........THE LOCKER ROOM! This is where all the guys change in my gym class...! This is the most scary thing for me! If I do come out at school, something wouldhappen in the locker room, I just know it.

Also, My crush is in the locker room.....Which is really hard to get over, when he knows Im gay, he'll think im like checking him out....Well, i am kinda! Grrr......Im soooo scared of what will happen.

Also, about 48% of my school is gangster/ wannabe-gangsters and they crack horrid jokes about gays all the time! Thats also a big fear of mine. :bang: Most of them are in my classes...... :bang:

2. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Granted I wasn't out at the time, what I did was face the wall and avoid trying to look at anyone and get in and out as quick as I could. Maybe by trying to look kinda awkward people might get the idea that you're not trying to take advantage of the situation, and take the whole thing in stride.

3. Hollywood

If you really want to, then go for it. However, you're only 13 and still have plenty of time if you want to wait. Personally, I think middle school is the worst point of your entire life that you could come out because everyone is such bitches to each other. Just keep that in mind.

4. Zak

Zak

I agree it is the worst part of my life!!!!!!

5. Paralyzer

Yeah, highschool for me is a lot more accepting than middle-school was.. but I'm not out yet.. I just observe these things. I'm more comfortable there. Though, I don't want to stop you if you feel like you're ready, I'd say wait a bit longer till people mature a bit more.

6. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeah it sucks...

BUT as for the locker room. Well what I did was...well I didn't change my underwear, others did, but most just went from uniform to P.E. shorts and regular shirt, but those dang straight guys walk around naked and stuff, so for me it was easy becuase I never even got fully naked.

As for looking, I know, it's REALLY tempting, but if you know that you will probably get turned on and get an erection because of it, don't look, trust me, all they need to see is that erection for them to EXPLODE! It happened to guy once at my school, he never has and never will lived it down. Like someone said, face the wall or wait until your fully dressed to look...

Do what I did, I pulled the ol' "My neck itches...(turn my head to scratch my neck, take a look, then look away)" haha I did that and I got plently of good looks at them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But your 13 man, I would suggest waiting..., plus, like someone said, in middle school, people suck. Take it from me, who knows.

7. Jace

Yeah I think I'm gonna wait til like sophomore year til I come out at school, because most people are bitches in middle school and freshmen... Oh dear... They're hopeless, oh and are you put to your parents, cause if you aren't I would suggest coming out to them first, as for the locker room, I'd just do my biz and get OUT but it is hard to resist, so let's hope your neck "itches" lol

8. Paralyzer

Wow Tokarov.. what kinda school are you going to?
    No one ever gets naked in the locker room at my school.

Exception for sports I guess.

9. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

Well, I guess I have a more self-control over where my eyes drift to. Granted, the people in the locker room with me are either assholes or they're good friends of mine.
    I don't really see any of my friends "hot" or anything, since that's kind of creepy to think that. IDK why, that's how my mind works. And the assholes in the locker room.... a big NO to me.

But, if you can't really control where your eyes go, my suggestion: change quickly?

10. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HEY! THE NECK THING WORKS! lol. It does, it hasn't failed me yet. I've gotten to look at guys that girls DREAM they could see! :confused: hahaha...

But still, my advice is to wait. :thumbsup:

11. JWAD

JWAD Guest

I'm in England so I don't really get the Ammerican system but what I can say is that the higher up my school I go generally the more accepting people are of my. On the other hand alot of people who make jokes about gays have never actually met one, or at least an out gay. And the ones that did at my school soon stopped after I came out but I still get some stupid comments off the year 7's (youngest year at my school)

12. Trumpetplyer23

I'm going to tell you some facts.
    1. People suck, there are some that don't, but a lot do.
    2. The locker room is hell, trust me.
    3. Gangsta wannabe idiots all end up realizing that their flaunting of how gangsta they are gets old by the time they're seniors, most of the time.
    4. If you have gym all year, then you're screwed, but if you don't, come out after that semester or quarter or whatever is over.
    5. All of us gone through something simliar to this situation.

Now, I'm going to tell you a story and how I conquer(ed) locker rooms.
    Story: I'm in the locker room, my crush approximately 5 feet away only separated by a row of lockers and nothing else. If I move my head a certain way, I can see her, which looks really obvious to those around me. How I managed? I did math problems in my head (I'm in honors math, I'm a geek, what can I say?), and if I wasn't doing math I was humming a song we played in band or that I heard on the radio.

I forgot, there's another story. Its called, How I almost didn't beat locker rooms.
    Story: So, I'm fully dressed, looking for my shoes, my nemesis takes them and throws them in the shower, directly behind me. I grumble a bit and go and get them, I walk into the aisleway, stop, turn my head to the right, there's the girl of my dreams, ahem, half undressed. The only thing that saved me was the fact that she wasn't paying attention to me. Moral of the story? Never let your enemies get a hold of your shoes, and never look around suspiciously in a locker room, things never go well.

13. SadConfusedBandGeek

K, i totally freaked about that too before i came out..but i dunno how your school is, most ppl at mine dont really care.
    but i've never had ANYTHING bad said/done to me in the change room
    Just, avoid looking at people..like seriously! it'd prolly creep em out haha

and probably for the first little while just dont draw attention to yourself
    but honestly i dont find it even a problem at all, cept when some of the guys are pretending to jerk off and act gay to each other, but i just ignore them, cause they don't bug me;p

14. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    My P.E. class is great because I have a couple of really good friends in that class. Not to mention I can check out my boyfreind because he has P.E. with me. :slight_smile:

15. jroakwood

ive never had a problem in the locker room.
    i got in and out pretty fast.
    and ive also gotten to see my crush. hahah.
    talked to him actually, while we were changing. (that was last year)
    lol.